Toronto Aquabella at Bayside | 50.9m | 14s | Tridel | 3XN

P1210878.jpg

Many horizontal metal frames along balcony bases...

P1210879.jpg

The first of the wraparound panels installed on the west side this morning...

P1210886.jpg

P1210897.jpg

P1210868.jpg

P1210874.jpg

P1210870.jpg

P1210893.jpg

P1210847.jpg

P1210839.jpg

It's a good building with lovely massing... but it bothers me that it would've been a *great* building with just a few small changes.

The metal faux-wood paneling is really unfortunate. In a perfect world, it would have been real wood, but even in the absence of that, darker brown paneling would've sufficed to make the contrast work a lot better. Secondly, I really dislike how light the grey aluminum is... again, I feel it would've made the contrast of the building pop just that extra bit. For reference, I (very roughly) photoshopped one of TheSix's pictures from December to show these changes:

1611369640382.png

I also think that it's unfortunate the white paneling on the building ends isn't cleaner. For my taste, it's just a bit too clunky:

I also think the colouring changes would make the above "inward" section a little less dull.

It's a good building with lovely massing... but it bothers me that it would've been a *great* building with just a few small changes.

The metal faux-wood paneling is really unfortunate. In a perfect world, it would have been real wood, but even in the absence of that, darker brown paneling would've sufficed to make the contrast work a lot better. Secondly, I really dislike how light the grey aluminum is... again, I feel it would've made the contrast of the building pop just that extra bit. For reference, I (very roughly) photoshopped one of TheSix's pictures from December to show these changes:

View attachment 295652

I also think that it's unfortunate the white paneling on the building ends isn't cleaner. For my taste, it's just a bit too clunky:

I also think the colouring changes would make the above "inward" section a little less dull.

Yes, 100%........... see next post.

Back