Toronto ANX | 48.07m | 13s | Freed | Teeple Architects

The tower component is alright. But the podium is weak and does little to contribute towards improving the Dupont streetscape.

This will come down to the materials used. If it's curtain glass as the render suggests to my eye, I think it will look quite nice.

Interesting. Cool to see this shallow building to accommodate the site. Don't adore the glass style but the design is interesting enough and could turn out pretty nice if done well. Wish the street level was finer grained with multiple small commercial units and not just big anonymous panes of glass.

Love it. Hard yes. Will look wild on Dupont and the glass will be be a nice counter balance to the brick in the Annex. The white accents and curves will play well off Bianca condo down the street.

Looks like they're planning for a little bit of public space and potentially some art on Dupont:

Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 10.10.23 AM.png

316 DUPONT ST
Ward 11 - Tor & E.York District

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...4502931&isCofASearch=false&isTlabSearch=false

Official Plan and Zoning By-law Amendments to facilitate redevelopment of the subject site for a 9-storey non-residential building: 822 square metres of commercial / retail space located at grade and on the 2nd level, and office use, approximately 2 ,115 square metres. The building would have a total gross floor area of approximately 2,938 square metres

Freed bought this earlier in the year

^and weird. The floorplate on this is tiny for office space - I wonder what Freed is thinking here?

Looks a bit smaller than something like medical office building 208 Bloor (Museum Tavern Building). Considering proximity to Yorkville, maybe plastic surgery type of places?

Looks a bit smaller than something like medical office building 208 Bloor (Museum Tavern Building). Considering proximity to Yorkville, maybe plastic surgery type of places?

Surgery next to a very vibrate-y rail corridor?! :oops:

Back