Toronto Allure Condos | 39.62m | 10s | Greenpark | P + S / IBI

Indeed so why (urbandreamer) make a blanket statement about the architects in the first place. I'll wait until something is up before judging it a success or failure.

Very different projects with very different developers, different budgets, different context.

Exactly! The blanket statement re: the architect is next to useless. There is much much more to take into account on a project as the decision makers and goals change on each.

Remember when we used to go on about Good Quadrangle/Bad Quadrangle? We could have done that for 90% of the firms in this town, including P+S/IBI, and we could continue to, but there's much more to it than that.

And given what we do know about this project, it will likely be crappy precast and cheap window-wall.

… and I'm inclined to agree with that statement! It's Greenpark that has more to prove here I'd say, and here's hoping for high quality materials and workmanship. They have final control over that.

Today:

UhgmJ0s.jpg

Thanks for the updates sMT. I'm looking forward to this. I'm not very excited about the architecture of this building, but I really like this stretch of Yonge, and I'm interested to see if a 10-story condo adds to the vibrancy & pedestrian traffic in the area.

Back