Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

The crane at Amacon is coming down on Monday and it could be ship here as tower E is ready for one.

Sept 20
2874993842_7151938346.jpg

2874993778_976c50d775.jpg

2874165309_82022753a6.jpg

It looks like these buildings will be finished together, even though the second one is starting after the first. The second tower is 6 stories shorter.

complemented by the fact that this will be the tallest tower in Mississauga

complemented by the fact that this will be the tallest tower in Mississauga

It should be higher.

I wish there would be higher ones for the other development to the west.

I's still waiting for a 100 stories with a sign on top of it saying Hazel City in flashing lights.

It should be higher.

I wish there would be higher ones for the other development to the west.

I's still waiting for a 100 stories with a sign on top of it saying Hazel City in flashing lights.

I wish that they had designed these buildings to be identical in height - the impact on the skyline would be much greater if they were true "twin towers". The World Trade Center Towers are a good example of what I mean. Imagine if one tower had been shorter than the other ... I doubt that they would have developed the iconic status that they did. The Petronas Towers are another good example of the powerful statement that identical twin towers can make on a skyline.

I wish that they had designed these buildings to be identical in height - the impact on the skyline would be much greater if they were true "twin towers". The World Trade Center Towers are a good example of what I mean. Imagine if one tower had been shorter than the other ... I doubt that they would have developed the iconic status that they did. The Petronas Towers are another good example of the powerful statement that identical twin towers can make on a skyline.

These weren't designed to be 'twin towers'. They were designed to compliment each other, and they do so perfectly. It wouldn't have the same effect if both were alike.

... The World Trade Center Towers are a good example of what I mean. Imagine if one tower had been shorter than the other ... I doubt that they would have developed the iconic status that they did.
Sorry to call you on this but one was shorter than the other.

The World Trade Center towers - both 110 floors - were 417 and 415 metres tall according to Emporis. That's a negligible difference, and the difference likely only refers to what was sitting on the roof of each. You are splitting hairs.

Absolute 4 and 5 aren't THAT different in height. I think one is 50 and the other 45 or 55/50. Regardless, I think it'll look fine. But I guess only time will tell.

These weren't designed to be 'twin towers'. They were designed to compliment each other, and they do so perfectly. It wouldn't have the same effect if both were alike.

I do realize that the sculptural forms of the buildings are not meant to be identical. In simple terms I would say that the taller tower has a pinched waistline whereas the shorter tower has a bulging waistline (otherwise the concept is identical). This difference in form allows the two towers to play off each other. I believe however that this interplay of forms would have been so much more powerful had both towers been identical in height since they are significantly taller than any other building in this area. If they were identical in height they would stand out as two giant exclamation marks on the Mississauga skyline in the same way that the WTC stood out as two giant exclamation marks on the NY skyline.

if I recall correctly ... the architect's orginal concept for AbsoluteWorld was 'Ying-Yang' or the notion of a couple? in that regards the height difference would be appropriate to fit the design theme (and architectural interest)

Doesn't Mississauga already have too many twin towers already? It is not like the city is lacking in cookie cutter designs....

perhaps doady was just referring to other buildings of Absolute 'community' or other MCC buildings :)

Back