Toronto Abacus Lofts | ?m | 8s | DAZ | BDP Quadrangle

This condo looks great. Can anyone confirm if it is on the south side? Also - any news if the LCBO is targeted to be a condo across from it or will it stay put for a while?

South side and it's already more than 1/3 sold.:) The model looks great and I got the photos of the f&f opening this past Saturday, put one up on my site.

So far no one's saying anything about that lcbo--but it's certainly a prime site for a condo.:) Mind you, at least 2 more condos are launching along this strip sometime this year or next year, perhaps more to come?

Last edited:
South side and it's already more than 1/3 sold.:) The model looks great and I got the photos of the f&f opening this past Saturday, put one up on my site.

So far no one's saying anything about that lcbo--but it's certainly a prime site for a condo.:) Mind you, at least 2 more condos are launching along this strip sometime this year or next year, perhaps more to come?

Wow, more than 1/3 sold already? How does one go about getting such preview access to developments like these? I've had my eye on this project, and it seems the earliest information I could get is from agents offering "preview" access this coming weekend, and even then, no information on pricing/floorplans yet. Clearly, with a third of the units sold already, there's gotta be a better way... what's the secret?

Thanks. Any news if there are still south facing top floor units? Also do you have links to the other projects? Are they all mid rise?

I'm not an insider lol. I just merely happened to be walking by the site on the day of the event and investigated what was going on... All condo developers have f&f events, then vip broker events, then general broker events and finally open to the joe public. I myself would prefer a north east or north west facing unit, or perhaps even just on the 2nd floor.

There's a former service station site next to the Hen House bar that looks like something may be happening there this year. Just hang out in the local bars and befriend some bartenders/biz owners--they have all the gossip.:)

There's also Nero further east at Manning that is very nicely located and is an attractive project by RAW as well. But yeah Abacus is very nice, and I like to see nice things built...:)

Yes, it is true that pre-sales have been very strong.

Having the opportunity to attend a pre-launch event is something virtually anyone can do with any of the projects I represent. Simply register through the project's official website, which is always linked from my website. Everyone who did so was invited to book a preview appointment - and they are assigned based on date of registration. So there are no tricks!

The grand opening should be held in the coming weeks, and ten_eighteen I'm sorry you didn't register. The preview event is now overbooked with a waiting list. Sorry :(

Great things ahead for Dundas West...

FYI, theredpin has floorplans posted on their site, although no price list: http://www.theredpin.com/toronto/abacus-lofts

Is the sales center already open to walk-ins? From the renderings it does not look like the top 2 floors have much balcony space (at least on the front, towards what a presume is Dundas). I wonder how the noise would be in this area.

FYI, theredpin has floorplans posted on their site, although no price list: http://www.theredpin.com/toronto/abacus-lofts.

OMG, seriously ?!?

now kitchen will be part of the entry hallway; and bedroom dimensions will be fudged to include the depth of the closet because only half closets will be standard, otherwise it will be 9ft x 9ft.

of all the floorplans that were there, only 1 would be 'adequate'; however, even that one has 2 columns in the middle of the LR.

OMG, seriously ?!?

now kitchen will be part of the entry hallway; and bedroom dimensions will be fudged to include the depth of the closet because only half closets will be standard, otherwise it will be 9ft x 9ft.

of all the floorplans that were there, only 1 would be 'adequate'; however, even that one has 2 columns in the middle of the LR.

Agreed, nearly all of the bedrooms have no windows 'cept the "sliding door" - proper bedrooms were all in the largest floorplans. Really like the look of this building and the location on Dundas W.

I love the exterior of the building, however the floorplans are very disappointing.
Most of the units have interior bedrooms, poor kitchen layouts and little or no balcony space.

Paul - We visited the Abacus showroom immediately after meeting you at the Edition Richmond launch (loved the cake model); we were the couple that you said you wished you could build 10 more of the loft towns at the Edition. Both great projects, best of luck with them.

Yes, it is true that pre-sales have been very strong.

Having the opportunity to attend a pre-launch event is something virtually anyone can do with any of the projects I represent. Simply register through the project's official website, which is always linked from my website. Everyone who did so was invited to book a preview appointment - and they are assigned based on date of registration. So there are no tricks!

The grand opening should be held in the coming weeks, and ten_eighteen I'm sorry you didn't register. The preview event is now overbooked with a waiting list. Sorry :(

Great things ahead for Dundas West...

And that begs the question, what is left?

Hello - there's actually "a bit of everything" left, from some compact one bedrooms to larger 1+den, and some 2 bedrooms. Abacus is really a small development - there are only 39 lofts in the building, but there's a good mix of lofts left. And yes, showroom is open thurs+fri 5-8 and weekends.

Back