Toronto 900 St Clair West | 43.69m | 12s | Canderel | BDP Quadrangle

IMG_6341.jpeg
IMG_6342.jpeg
IMG_6344.jpeg

Wasn't that No Frills a Metro years ago?
If so, Metro must be kicking themselves now for leaving! They could have put a Basics there and still done quite well!
Especially now that there will be a fresh new community of people living right next door!

Had to satisfy my curious case of Toronto retail history trivia here, but according to this webpage that No Frills at 243 Alberta Avenue was previously a Dominion supermarket that closed in the mid-1980s. Which was later sold and became a No Frills after:

Had to satisfy my curious case of Toronto retail history trivia here, but according to this webpage that No Frills at 243 Alberta Avenue was previously a Dominion supermarket that closed in the mid-1980s. Which was later sold and became a No Frills after:

I could have sworn it was the early 90's when Dominion closed, but anyway, maybe the space sat empty until 1994?
A Business licence for No Frills was first issued in 1994, and that No Frills has changed hands at least once. https://mapliv.com/ca/address/243-alberta-avenue-toronto-on-m6c-1c6

Back