Toronto 110 Eglinton East | 236.55m | 58s | Madison Group | Rafael Viñoly

So there's no road dedication, but the new driveway will be in the same location as the existing driveway at the Dunfield traffic lights. I looked through some of the supplementary materials, Midtown in Focus was mentioned but nothing about the Street extension.

This is a really elegant, graceful design which will add some class and sophistication to an area that desperately needs it.

90 Eglinton E takes its place in the Y & E skyline:

j6fvIJE.png

Date: Wednesday, May 16th
Time: 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Place: Best Western Roehampton Hotel – 808 Mount Pleasant Road

I read elsewhere that there's a moratorium on additional development at Y&E because of sorely lacking infrastructure and amenities (schools, etc.). Is this tower not affected, given that it hasn't even been approved?

Not sure about this site, but I know there is a zoning 'hold' on the Canada Square redevelopment, basically prohibiting new development until staff are satisfied there is sufficient infrastructure in place. I'd be curious to know where else in the city that is employed, the city staffer speaking about it seemed to make it sound like a unique thing.

Holding zones are very common in the rest of Ontario, but for whatever reason the City of Toronto uses them extremely rarely. Only other one I can think of is for the East Bayfront.

I was at the meeting.

Lots of locals complaining about the development in the area.

Of note, the city planner said the Dunfield extension will probably not happen. Apparently the development on Roehampton ended the possibility.

For the mid-block pedestrian connection, the developer said it would have to happen on the property next door (where the Goodlife/Moore's is) to line up with the connection on Roehampton.

Request for Interim Directions Report: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2018/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-117109.pdf
This report provides preliminary information and responds to an application where staff are currently not in a position to provide a Final Report to Council, but which could be appealed to the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal (the "LPAT") due to a lack of decision during the break in Council's meeting schedule (July to December 2018).

A Community Consultation Meeting was held on May 16, 2018. A final report will be submitted for Council's consideration following the resolution of outstanding issues related to this application and the holding of a statutory Public Meeting under the Planning Act. City Planning is targeting January 2019 for a final report to Council.

Back