Toronto 110 Eglinton East | 236.55m | 58s | Madison Group | Rafael Viñoly

I think it's really odd that the city pushed for a 4m wide north-south midblock connection on the east side of the 89-101 Roehampton Street development. (See OMB decision and background file https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2017/cc/bgrd/backgroundfile-107277.pdf )

A midblock connection on the west side of that project would protect for a future Dunfield Ave extension and would line up with 90 eglinton's parking entrance.

Renders from BBH; Teeple. Also up on AIC.

2018_03_21_10_58_31_90_eglintonavenueeastcondos_rendering.png

2018_03_21_10_58_31_90_eglintonavenueeastcondos_rendering2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Like the podium. Tower could be made a little more interesting, maybe something like Tower Hill at St Clair West.

26275344920_f4278004ae_b.jpg

Also disappointed there's no street or walkway to Roehampton.

Photo credit? *hint: it's me.

I'm worried how the city is addressing the intensification of the community. There's currently around 8500 units at Yonge and Eglinton. It'll be a whopping 22000 if everything in development goes forward and there's obviously more big proposals to come. The tower looks pretty good.

Absorption rates mean all these units will take years to get built. Developers are just trying to get in to have a voice in OMB negotiation regarding the new secondary plan.

Growth will continue to be quick, but it's not like we are going to see 10,000 units under construction at once.

I expect you will see similar annual approvals, albeit maybe a drop at first as so many developers front loaded development applications to go under the old system. We currently have something like 10 years of stock in the approvals process under the existing board system. The OMB is fully booked for essentially 2 years straight right now..

Without the OMB there is no need to front load an application in front of a secondary plan as you have no appeal rights. You just apply when you are ready to build.

A lot of these applications are done specifically in response to city policy changes. They get their zoning, and wait for market timing to build several years later.

Absorption rates mean all these units will take years to get built. Developers are just trying to get in to have a voice in OMB negotiation regarding the new secondary plan.

Growth will continue to be quick, but it's not like we are going to see 10,000 units under construction at once.

I understand that. I wasn't applying a timeline. It doesn't matter whether all these proposals are built within 15 years or 30 years. My concerns are that they will all be approved with minimal changes. A public street should be incorporated as part of this project and the project to the north. It's probably already too late to weave a street up to Keewatin.

Koops! when it's possible I would love to see this illustrated on Toronto's Skyscraperpage. Thanks keep up the good work !

Back