Toronto Bela Square | 112.47m | 35s | DBS | Arcadis

Photos taken May 20, 2022:

DSC07494.JPG

DSC07495.JPG

DSC07496.JPG

DSC07497.JPG
DSC07498.JPG

DSC07499.JPG

I have no idea what they\'re doing here. I\'ve never seen cement pours directly into the dirt. Are these pillars remnants of an underground river that was built at the same time 90 Eastdale was built? Can someone explain what\'s going with this site and all the water diversion that\'s underway?

20220529_092919.jpg

Hmmm, not sure about the structural question here.

As to the previous state of this land............let see what the Aerial photo of the area from 1947 reveals:

1653964590268.png

You can see what looks like a natural feature behind what were once housing fronting Eastdale. But I'm not sure....I can't find a record of any flowing water there from Lost Rivers, so I'm going to have to say 'no' on that one.

The very rectangular form as the 'gully' approaches Lumsden does have me thinking about possible buried infra..........but I'm not sure.

I live near the area and we hear construction sounds on most of the days including weekends. Work starts early morning and goes until late afternoon. Looks like the basement portion is getting done at a steady pace.
Does anyone here know what size or type of apartments coming up (bachleors, 1 BHK, 2 bHK, etc) ?

A striking snapshot overlooking the progress over at 100 Eastdale Ave. Once completed, this 35-storey building will offer 480 new units, a fully-equipped fitness centre, entertainment rooms, a theatre room, a flexible workplace lounge and more.

DBS Developments, Preston Group, IBI Group, Strybos Barron King, Preston Apartments, Grounded Engineering Inc., Groundwater Environmental Management Services Inc. (GEMS), Bousfields

1654531746739.jpg

First update here in a bit, Photos taken August 1st, 2022.

The tall tower 7 storey tower is now rising in the background in the south-west corner of the site; while the midrise taller tower across the north face of the site remains well below grade.

DSC08891.JPG

DSC08892.JPG

DSC08893.JPG

DSC08894.JPG

DSC08896.JPG

DSC08897.JPG

DSC08898.JPG

DSC08899.JPG

DSC08900.JPG

DSC08902.JPG

Last edited:
First update here in a bit, Photos taken August 1st, 2022.

The tall tower is now rising in the background in the south-west corner of the site; while the 7s midrise across the north face of the site remains well below grade.
Are you sure about this? I thought the 7 storey midrise is the one that is rising, and they will do the tall tower later?

Are you sure about this? I thought the 7 storey midrise is the one that is rising, and they will do the tall tower later?

You are correct. I will amend my post accordingly.

My memory of where the taller building was going was incorrect.

Doesn't look like it has been posted here yet.
I drove by last night and there looks to be a second crane up here. Will try and get a photo soon.

Doesn't look like it has been posted here yet.
I drove by last night and there looks to be a second crane up here. Will try and get a photo soon.

This is close to me, I can confirm 2 cranes by looking out my window (which i just did).

Only one high-mast is fully visible to me from here, but there is a second crane poking out on the horizon.

Back