Toronto 9 Dawes Road | 115.76m | 34s | Minto Group | Wallman Architects

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
9 DAWES RD
Ward 19 - Tor & E.York District

Proposed redevlopment of the site to permit a mixed-use development consisting of two residential towers atop a shared 5-storey podium base adjacent to Dawes Road and providing a mix of uses including retail uses, a community space use, and residential uses. A total of 684 residential dwelling units are proposed, resulting in a total residential gross floor area of 44,487 square metres. Combined with a non-residential gross floor area of 2,011 square metres, a total gross floor area of 46,498 square metres is proposed, resulting in a 9.23 FSI (9.29 net FSI)
Proposed Use ---# of Storeys ---# of Units ---
TypeNumberDate SubmittedStatus
Applications:
Rezoning19 186473 STE 19 OZJul 10, 2019Under Review

The above is the current site of a Legion building.

Last edited:
unlike its neighbour across the street, while very dense, this one doesn't seem completely nuts. I'll be interested to see what happens with these two applications, I imagine that the City has a very different idea on what kind of density is appropriate here.

This site is much larger than 9 Dawes Road, it also incorporates the Danforth Lumber site (Home Hardware) at 25 Dawes Road.

From Google Streetview

Gonna need double or triple floor portables at Secord PS...

That school is overdue for reconstruction! Aging, leaking, 20+year old, 20 room porta-pack; and an original building whose a/c is failing too.

That high density block to the school's south is also getting 2 new towers!

Beyond reconstruction.........................there is the old St. Brigid's Separate School property a bit closer to Danforth, this site was used during reconstruction of George Webster elementary.

But that building too has seen its best day come and go.

I hope the City begins to pressure Metrolinx and the owners of this sub (CN? CP?) to relocate the gate at the south end of Dawes to permit through-platform access.

Dawes.JPG

Slate also recently picked up Centron Self Storage at 6 Dawes, but that could just be an income producing play, not development. If it is the latter though, there's plenty of opportunity to completely change this area.

I hope the City begins to pressure Metrolinx and the owners of this sub (CN? CP?) to relocate the gate at the south end of Dawes to permit through-platform access.

View attachment 195211

Slate also recently picked up Centron Self Storage at 6 Dawes, but that could just be an income producing play, not development. If it is the latter though, there's plenty of opportunity to completely change this area.

The Canadian Tire lands adjacent to this parcel are also up for intensification. Not sure whether CT would be the proponent, but there have been some discussions.

Last edited:

Metrolinx are supposed to be shifting their platform in that direction. Odd to me that they missed out on picking up Centron though, unless the asking price was ridiculous.

@dowlingm and @ProjectEnd

Metrolinx own the parcel at the foot of Dawes on the East side, I believe. That's where they are contemplating a new entrance and a Kiss N'Ride to use that antiquated expression.

As to Centron.............I would have thought they would have needed some of that land to accommodate the 4th track running through, but perhaps I'm wrong.

unlike its neighbour across the street, while very dense, this one doesn't seem completely nuts. I'll be interested to see what happens with these two applications, I imagine that the City has a very different idea on what kind of density is appropriate here.

You're comparing this one to the outrageous. The Options for Homes condo plus is a high density scale that doesn't overpower.. 30 storeys, 9 times coverage and 700 units is what to expect in Toronto. I'm sure it will be approved after some time.

Back