Toronto 88 Scott Street | 203.9m | 58s | Concert | P + S / IBI

Anyone else notice that Concert pulled their sloppy logo application from the crown? Sorry if this was already mentioned in the thread.
Yea, it was mentioned a few posts back

Taken Aug 23
A4A7CEE6-6B0B-4AF5-AD05-5ABBBBC71AE5.jpeg

Attachments

• A4A7CEE6-6B0B-4AF5-AD05-5ABBBBC71AE5.jpeg
    A4A7CEE6-6B0B-4AF5-AD05-5ABBBBC71AE5.jpeg
    283.9 KB · Views: 1,198
Great view! It is a shame about the crown lighting, a missed opportunity (where as Tridel finally got it right with 10 York).

I don’t get it, looks like they forgot to turn lights off in the mechanical penthouse.
The same with CityPlace (but with coloured lights). No thought to it at all.
Both this and CityPlace should at the very least put some kind of treatment to the glass, like a frosted or transluscent film or even some kind of patterned frit so we don’t see the mess of stuff inside the mechanical room. It will also create a softer glow rather than the exposed harsh ceiling utility lights.

I appreciate seeing the lights highlighting the equipment inside the mechanical penthouses of CityPlace—the clear glass works fine for me—and I like the coordination of the colours between them. It's not a case of "No thought to it at all', Warm By Night is possibly the only plan across the entire city that has been carried out consistently from building to building over many years now. Whereas we see other plans change as new phases are delivered, CityPlace has continued to make the gesture, and have continued to employ the same designer—Adrian Göllner—to extend the lighting plan.

Back