Toronto 88 Queen | 167.35m | 52s | St Thomas Dev | Hariri Pontarini

The word "four" sounds like the word for "death" in some types of Chinese... whereas "forty" does not. My last building did the same

It still does. The structure of the language for say 43 is pronounced four tens three (implicitly meaning 4 groups of 10 + 3) so you still pronounce death at the beginning for any number in the 40's.

1581979814020.png

1581979718759.png

Those are the largest two layouts in the building. Yep, that's a 3 bedroom + 2 bathroom in under 800 sq ft.

No. Look at the key plan for the 53-56. There's another, larger unit to the south of floor plan 02. Floor plan 03 is only up to floor 52.

Those are the largest two layouts in the building. Yep, that's a 3 bedroom + 2 bathroom in under 800 sq ft.

It’s tight but honestly doesn’t look disfunctional. Living room is tight, but it will have tons of natural light and the spaces are laid out right that you can get some ok furniture arrangements. That hallway is a waste but it’s hard to avoid on 3 bed layouts.

No. Look at the key plan for the 53-56. There's another, larger unit to the south of floor plan 02. Floor plan 03 is only up to floor 52.

Ah yes. There are 10 penthouse units planned across 57-58, and 8 larger units replacing 12 smaller ones on 53-56. But none of those floorplans have been published, so far as I can see, so we don't know how many are 3 bedrooms.

Still though, this building will have almost 100 squishy 3-bedroom units, half of which are 767 sq ft.

It’s tight but honestly doesn’t look disfunctional. Living room is tight, but it will have tons of natural light and the spaces are laid out right that you can get some ok furniture arrangements. That hallway is a waste but it’s hard to avoid on 3 bed layouts.

7 x 8 foot bedroom is sub-prison cell dimensions.

7 x 8 foot bedroom is sub-prison cell dimensions.
eh, it's a kids bedroom. You don't need a queen bed. I'm the sort of person that thinks bedrooms should be as small has humanly possible and would prefer that space in the living room... I mean a bedroom is where you sleep. who cares how big it is. Does it have somewhere to put your clothes and can it fit a bed? then it works. At today's prices downtown it would cost another $60k or so to make a 7x8 bedroom into a "standard" 10x10. I'd rather keep my $60k.

Last edited:
eh, it's a kids bedroom. You don't need a queen bed. I'm the sort of person that thinks bedrooms should be as small has humanly possible and would prefer that space in the living room... I mean a bedroom is where you sleep. who cares how big it is. Does it have somewhere to put your clothes and can it fit a bed? then it works.

Also there are additional ways to maximize the space - just looking at E2 there are some space to be had just by reversing the door to one bedroom and switching to sliding doors for the other.

On the other hand, open kitchen still sucks.

AoD

eh, it's a kids bedroom. You don't need a queen bed. I'm the sort of person that thinks bedrooms should be as small has humanly possible and would prefer that space in the living room... I mean a bedroom is where you sleep. who cares how big it is. Does it have somewhere to put your clothes and can it fit a bed? then it works. At today's prices downtown it would cost another $60k or so to make a 7x8 bedroom into a "standard" 10x10. I'd rather keep my $60k.

Sure, but they didn't give you extra space in the living room. They just ripped you off on space in general.

A bedroom is also where I dress myself, make my bed, and keep my clothes and luggage, among other personal items. I'm not even sure there's sufficient room in these layouts to get out of bed without literally hitting a wall.

Even for children, I think the standard should be a little higher than zero room for any private life.

Sure, but they didn't give you extra space in the living room. They just ripped you off on space in general.

A bedroom is also where I dress myself, make my bed, and keep my clothes and luggage, among other personal items. I'm not even sure there's sufficient room in these layouts to get out of bed without literally hitting a wall.

Even for children, I think the standard should be a little higher than zero room for any private life.
A double bed is 4.5x6.5ft, approximately. Leaves you 3ft of “aisle” space beside the bed if it’s pushed to one wall, which isn’t too bad, probably room for a small dresser even. If it’s laid out like the example floor plan it’ll be inefficient but that’s just a bad layout for a kids bedroom. The room would feel even larger if the bed fit width-wise, leaving you with a 7ft x 4ft open space in the bedroom.

And yea in this case the living room is small but this is right in the financial core where space is a premium. Families looking to live here will likely be willing to give up space for the location, and as I said, the layout is generally functional despite its small size. Obviously a larger unit would be “nicer”. If this was getting built in North York or Vaughan I might have more of an issue with it, but that’s an acceptable unit layout to me for this location.

You're right. Grown ups use kings.

I have a 750 sf one bedroom and my bedroom is 150 square feet which is barely adequate.

Back