88-queen-street-8.jpg

Attachments

• 88-queen-street-4.jpg
    88-queen-street-4.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 585
  • 88-queen-street-8.jpg
    88-queen-street-8.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 602
I don't get it, it's a picture of a gorilla, not Che Guevara...;)
Anyway, here's a few more from yesterday:
IMG_5615.JPG
IMG_5617.JPG
IMG_5619.JPG
IMG_5620.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5615.JPG
    IMG_5615.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 500
  • IMG_5617.JPG
    IMG_5617.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 505
  • IMG_5619.JPG
    IMG_5619.JPG
    564.9 KB · Views: 508
  • IMG_5620.JPG
    IMG_5620.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 497
Am I the only one who is confused how the excavated area doesn't seem to match the proposed parking garage area? If you look at the architectural plan, the public park dedication on Dalhousie is unexcavated, but they appear to be excavating it right now. The pit should be an L shape in the opposite way that it is now (with the longer part on Mutual, not Dalhousie)

Update:
Just four blocks east of Yonge, the massive full-block parking lot that stretches all the way from Queen to Shuter is gradually making way for redevelopment. With the north end of the Downtown Toronto lot already being excavated for what will be a 29-storey tower, an updated rezoning application has been submitted for the rest of the site, bringing to light a scaled down—and beefed up—plan for an additional three towers.

Am I the only one who is confused how the excavated area doesn't seem to match the proposed parking garage area? If you look at the architectural plan, the public park dedication on Dalhousie is unexcavated, but they appear to be excavating it right now. The pit should be an L shape in the opposite way that it is now (with the longer part on Mutual, not Dalhousie)

If they are excavating under the future park, they are possibly remediating the land (removing the contaminated soil), as they will be required to convey it clean to the City.

anyone know what uses could have been here that would have caused contamination? as far as I can tell there were only ever warehousing buildings on this site.

Parking, and in particular years of road salt (not to mention years of leaking fluids from cars), is a common source of contamination.

God knows what they did here in the 19th century. Or years later what was stored in those warehouses.

Back