Toronto 88 Condos (Ei8hty8 Condos) | ?m | 35s | Minto Group | Rafael + Bigauskas

Mike in TO

Member Bio
Reaction score
On April 19th at 4:25 the City of Toronto design review panel (City Hall, Committee Room 2) will review Minto’s 90 Sheppard
Avenue East development proposal. City planner Mark Chlon will make a presentation, as will Andrew Bigauskas of Rafael + Bigauskas Architects.

You mean, a redevelopment of the Catholic Schoolboard/CIL site? Given the nature of what's there relative to development pressures, I'm not surprised, but a shame in CIL's case, esp.: one of the best early 80s office buildings in town...

No that's 80 Sheppard east ... this can't be right. This is an office building that's pretty much 100% occupied.

The city wouldn't let this go through ... there's no way, seeing how much resistance there was to the Emerald tower proposal. This is replacing a (I just checked) 100% occupied class A office building !

media-cb11a12474e34b83e38e06d2ef1b2830.jpg

http://www.urbandb.com/img-wrap/media-cb11a12474e34b83e38e06d2ef1b2830.jpg/index.html

Last edited:
No that's 80 Sheppard east ... this can't be right. This is an office building that's pretty much 100% occupied.[/IMG]

Catholic is 80. CIL is 90. (Because they both front that "town square", I tend to think of them as a unity.)

And yes, it's 90 that I'm referring to as potentially "too good to sacrifice"...

Catholic is 80. CIL is 90. (Because they both front that "town square", I tend to think of them as a unity.)

And yes, it's 90 that I'm referring to as potentially "too good to sacrifice"...

Did anyone go the meeting ?

I'd love to attend any upcoming ones if that is really indeed there plan. I'm hoping there's a hidden parking lot or the address was just wrong. Though I've seen it mentioned on a few sources now.

This isn't a crummy old class C/B office building either, it's class A, not that old (relatively speaking) and fully tenanted.

There is no option here, this must be refused, unless they plan on replacing all (and hopefully) more of the office space but clearly that won't be the case. We know Toronto can't enforce what lots are purchased but they sure can enforce what sort of development can go ahead. Clearly this is zoned for commercial use.

My guess would be what I put in the Blue or Red (Most likely in the red) -- leave the building as is and stick a condo beside it.

345g5m9.jpg

I imagine it will be where the parking lot is within the yellow area of investican's image. The existing parking could be incorporated into a new underground parking area.

Let's hope it is the parking lot. It would be a shame to tear down the office building, as taal mentioned. It would also be a shame to take away parkland where office workers can relax during lunch time (the red blue in investican's image). It's not like there's a lack of property available fronting Yonge, why this location?

About a year ago I saw plans with a proposal which suggested the future condo development will occupy / elminate the surface parking lot to the north of the existing building @ 90 Sheppard East, the office would be staying, the parking for the offices would be replaced/provided in a underground parking garage, access to the site would be provided from Doris Avenue through the existing driveway that lines up with the signalized intersection at Doris & Greenfield Avenue

I would also like to see the new condo go in the existing parking lot. However, depending on Minto's new agreement with Crown on doing the costs of the underground parking lot to the building for an adjusted price to the back surface parking. It would be a larger building, im curious to see what density and design would go here.

Could this be shifting the Doris/Sheppard intersection to the east so that it can eventually connect up to Tradewinds avenue in the south?

The Doris extension south of Sheppard along with the extension of Poyntz east of Yonge, these will be a great relief for the congested area. Are there any plans on the west side with regards to an extension of Beecroft south past Poyntz Ave.?

Back