Richmond Hill 8790 Yonge Street | 85.15m | 23s | AWIN | Arcadis

Paclo

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
8790 Yonge Street: a proposed 23-storey, 395-unit mixed-use residential & commercial development by AWIN Group of Dealerships (operating as "1921318 Ontario Limited") on the northwest corner of Yonge Street and High Tech Road, south of Roosevelt Drive in the South Richvale neighbourhood of Richmond Hill. No renderings yet.

The site is currently a 1-storey car dealership:
1701274898321.png

The proponent may be intending to retain the dealership, according to a planning correspondence from May:
Land Rover Thornhill is currently a single-storey, standalone automotive retail and service provider and has had success operating as it exists at the Subject Lands. However, our client wishes to expand its business by adding a new, compact mixed-use development while maintaining the dealership function at and below grade level in the future.

A ground floor car dealer in the renders.............. don't see that very often...........

No mention of building their part of a PATH for eventual connectivity to the subway.
I would hope a subway entrance on Yonge is planned and an approximate 300m walkway to the High Tech station.

1717691965990.png

Isn't the station there going to be at grade? An underground path or Yonge subway entrance probably isn't gonna happen. I hope they rework the Milestones parking lot and back alley behind Silvercity though.

Screenshot 2024-06-06 at 1.18.58 PM.png

Isn't the station there going to be at grade? An underground path or Yonge subway entrance probably isn't gonna happen. I hope they rework the Milestones parking lot and back alley behind Silvercity though.

View attachment 570235

Very true but with all the condos in the area it would be great to have this to encourage people to walk to the station. I'm amazed how many people I have seen driving from the condos nearby to the free GO lot to catch the train but I suppose if there are no free parking options around the TTC station that might encourage them to walk too :) Milestones and the theater will probably be long gone once the subway opens or soon after. Plans are for condos all over this area! Hopefully they have a more pedestrian friendly access to the station regardless of a PATH or open air walkway. I cant see how it would be possible to build anything worse than what is there now to get to Richmond Hill Centre - which is nothing :(

Back