Toronto 86 John Street | 42.97m | 10s | Tawse | Sweeny &Co

I see this as an opportunity to see the ridiculous Champs Supply on Widmer eventually replaced.

I see this as an opportunity to see the ridiculous Champs Supply on Widmer eventually replaced.
Making what seemed like a poor choice in holding out on land assembly a very smart move in the end.

20170106_152649.jpg

Really looking forward to see this one rise - almost Asian use of space.

AoD

Indeed! "...[A]lmost Asian use of space". By Asian standards this space is huge.

I am looking forward to seeing this one too. The success of it will depend much on the quality of the execution. I'm also curious about the future dining experience in such a space.

Indeed! "...[A]lmost Asian use of space". By Asian standards this space is huge.
I am looking forward to seeing this one too. The success of it will depend much on the quality of the execution. I'm also curious about the future dining experience in such a space.

It's like the quintessential narrow and deep 2s retail strip so prevalent in Toronto multiplied 8 high. That is fairly precedent setting I think.

AoD

Not much has occurred seemingly from the last update, but still, I gotta say it looks hella cool that this will be the site of a new building, from yesterday on a cell phone:
DSC_0105.JPG
DSC_0104.JPG
DSC_0107.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0105.JPG
    DSC_0105.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 601
  • DSC_0104.JPG
    DSC_0104.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 512
  • DSC_0107.JPG
    DSC_0107.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 537
The servicing area along the north/back of the Festival Tower is so wonderfully tidy and well-handled. It's not often you see loading docks and other servicing made so inoffensive and streamlined.

On another note - wow this site is even narrower than I had realized.

Wonder what will happen to those lower floor south-facing windows of Pinnacle that border the site. The owners of those units must not be too happy.

The owners of those units should have realized there was a developable lot beside their windows.

Back