Toronto The Forest Hill Condominiums | 60.7m | 17s | CentreCourt | BDP Quadrangle

Whoops! Thanks, I too-quickly looked up-thread and saw the couple of posts which were referring to the northeast corner, not the southwest one which this project is on. My mistake!

Whoops! Thanks, I too-quickly looked up-thread and saw the couple of posts which were referring to the northeast corner, not the southwest one which this project is on. My mistake!

I would prefer to see the northeast corner redeveloped rather than having a huge LRT station entrance taking up the entire site.

I walked by the site yesterday on my way to the public meeting regarding 1996-2000 Bathurst. The building is now all fenced up and is apparently getting readied for demolition. During the meeting, it was mentioned by city planner David Driedger that this project is on hold, because Metrolinx is using the site during the construction of the Eglinton Crosstown. However it will likely go ahead around 2020 or 2021, when Metrolinx is done.

EDIT: although now that I am writing this I wonder if he were talking about the site kitty corner from there...

This site will indeed be used as a construction staging area.

And damn do I miss King Falafel.
There also used to be a place in that plaza called Browser's Den of Magic. Fun wasting time there as a kid. Memories.

Browser's Den of Magic was a hell of a joint... The frozen yogurt place that replaced the pizza pizza was some ******it though. (And I ain't sayin' the pizza pizza was great either). But wow, with nothing until 2021, this intersection is really going to suffer, but it's worth it in the end, of course.

859 EGLINTON AVE W
Ward 21 - Tor & E.York District

Proposal for a 16 storey mixed use building with a terraced portion at the 11th storey on the east side. The building will contain 253 residential units with retail on the ground floor and a proposed fsi of 5.79. There will be 262 bicyle parkings spaces and 25 visitor vehical parking spaces.
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Rezoning 16 198806 STE 21 OZ Jul 29, 2016 Under Review

A second OMB pre-hearing is scheduled for March 21, 2018. A hearing is scheduled for July 23, 2018.

Back