And

* Docs are Up *

Architect is BDPQ

1656150749842.png

1656150662419.png

1656150701888.png

1656150941262.png

1656150984366.png

I don't think Pemberbum should even be allowed to hire architects like BDP Quadrangle (who almost always do solid work, and occasionally gorgeous stuff like 475 Yonge Street)... 'cause when this kind of developer gets its hands on the plans, you know that what will be built ain't pretty.

Mind you BDPQ do a lot of work for 'iffy' clients like Plaza and Madison so I guess the bottomline is you have to pay the hydro bill.

Was this designed under the new green standards? Seems like a few recent proposals are reducing the amount of glass in the building envelope.

I'm not at all sure why, but there is a new Zoning Application in for this one dated this month.

Zoning was already filed in June.

At first blush, I don't see any changes, though the fact that there are no Arch. Plans doesn't help.

LOL

But it's 3am.......so I'll let someone else figure this one out:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not at all sure why, but there is a new Zoning Application in for this one dated this month.

Zoning was already filed in June.

At first blush, I don't see any changes, though the fact that there are no Arch. Plans doesn't help.

LOL

But it's 3am.......so I'll let someone else figure this one out:

From the cover letter:
1667328974129.png

849 Eglinton Avenue East - Virtual Community Consultation Meeting​

Tuesday, Dec 6 2022 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
(UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

The City of Toronto Planning Division has received an application to amend the City of Toronto Official Plan and Zoning By-law for the property at 849 Eglinton Avenue East.

The proposal is for the redevelopment of the existing 3.49 acre site that would provide for a 21-storey mixed use building, a 32-storey residential building, and a 6-storey office building, as well as a public park and private road. A total of 747 new residential dwelling units are proposed along with 10,561 square metres of office gross floor area (GFA), 828 square metres of retail GFA, and 48,371 square metres of residential GFA, resulting in a net density of 5.12 times the area of the lot.

Join us at the Virtual Community Consultation Meeting to participate in discussions on the application and have your say.

Resubmitted with Tower B growing to 40-storeys (129.02m) - it was previously 32-storeys (107.54m). The count of residential units in Tower B has increased from 386 to 459, thereby increasing the total residential units from 747 to 820. Other changes are as follows:
  • Total vehicular parking reduced from 479 to 428
  • Total bicycle parking increased from 828 to 885
  • Tower A height increased slightly from 74.19m to 74.55m; it remains at 21-storeys
  • Building C (commercial block) height increased slightly from 30.24 to 31.82m; it remains at 6-storeys
Updated renderings:
PLN - Architectural Plans - Architectural_Plans_849EglintonAveE_1of3-0.jpg
PLN - Architectural Plans - Architectural_Plans_849EglintonAveE_1of3-11.jpg
PLN - Architectural Plans - Architectural_Plans_849EglintonAveE_1of3-20.jpg

Anyone wanna make any bets on the chances of Pemberton actually building the office block?

We'll have to wait for a Final Report and see if the office component is a requirement. As I believe this is replacing the already present office space, it may be. It could also be pre-leased.

Wow, I worked at the head office(which was at the back of the building) for many years. I am very surprised they gave up this dealer location considering they were there since the mid 1950s.

Isn't this being built by the guy who killed those three kids? Muzzo group. They should donate all the profits from these developments to that poor family.

Back