Toronto 801 Dixon Road | 27.43m | 8s | Larco | a—A

ferusian

Member Bio
Reaction score
801 DIXON RD
Ward 01 - Etob. York District

Development Applications

The new construction of four 8-storey hotels and the renovations to the ground level lobby and restaurant of the existing Sheraton 8-storey hotel.

Existing hotel:

1589610250107.png

Aerial overview of site:

1589611104004.png

As soon as I heard 4 X 8 story buildings, I was thinking that they may be planning something similar to this in Richmond BC:

There are 3 hotels in this complex (4 towers): Sheraton, Marriott, Hilton
1589658804693.png

From Street level, it looks like this (it's tough to get a view of all 4 towers, but the image shows 2 out of the 4 towers). The towers are on the left side in the image:
1589658900806.png

Wait, *four* 8 storey hotels? What in the hell are they planning here?

there is trend coming to the hotel industry , example; Four Points by Sheraton on airport rd. (across from the airport) is building an Element hotel on their property ,same owner ( Eastons group of hotels ) , the theory is 2 hotels connected on 1 property sharing the same lobby , pool , gym , restaurant , same room service , same staff etc... = big money saving

As highway/airport hotels goes this looks pretty neat. Has an institutional or tech company campus vibe to it.

Last edited:
I really like these. The buildings are well designed and should age well. They look a lot more like an office park than hotels, but I think this is a good thing. Shorter hotel buildings are typically pretty bland and cheap, so having a modern design is definitely a breath of fresh air.

Back