Toronto Don Mills Ismaili Community Centre and Jamatkhana | 13.1m | 3s | Ismaili Community Center And Jamatkhana | a—A

artyboy123

Member Bio
Reaction score
Taken from the DevApp:

"Site Plan Application to permit the proposal of a 4 storey multipurpose facility, consisting of a Ismaili Community Centre, Jamatkhana (place of worship) with offices, meetings rooms, including 2 levels of proposed underground parking"

DevApp Link: http://app.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do?folderRsn=mL6ARiNijtpgb6rkZYO2sQ==

Very nice indeed - almost like a continuation of AKC/AKM - from the Architectural Plans:

1622478405617.png

1622478431397.png

1622478819954.png

(Don Mills Jamatkhana & Centre/a-A)

Composite stone exterior cladding. The clerestory at the prayer hall is like a continuation of the theme of one of the exhibition halls at AKM:

AoD

Last edited:
Mubaraki to the Ismaili Community on this wonderful news. No announcement at JK as of yet by Council as they must be waiting for approval from the City of Toronto.

Is there any timeline on this project?

I'm curious if ground breaking will align with that of the new integrated Ismaili community project on Block 5A of the Crosstown Community redevelopment.

Is there any timeline on this project?

I'm curious if ground breaking will align with that of the new integrated Ismaili community project on Block 5A of the Crosstown Community redevelopment.
I don't think the ground breaking ceremony will necessarily align... This isn't a big enough project for the Aga Khan to come and conduct the ground breaking ceremony in my opinion. The Richmond Hill JK is also in advanced stages so time will tell. Aga Khan is also doing a jamat khana and affordable housing project in downtown toronto. Lot of things aga khan has got going in Toronto.

Ismailis love to spend money on their Jamatkhanas. very simple and beautiful design. :)

When will construction start?
Application is still not even approved by the city... The Aga Khan Council will first need to make arrangements to move the current jamat (members of the praying facility) to a temporary site, prior to the demolition of the current jamatkhana. I wouldn't suspect any construction to start anytime soon.

Back