Toronto 80 Bloor Street West | 263.4m | 78s | Krugarand | Arcadis

Nothing new worth reporting.
Haha:D, which means throw it back into the backburner for another 6 years and see if it goes away

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...icationsList.do?action=init&folderRsn=3444295

80 BLOOR ST W
Ward 27 - Tor & E.York District
Rezoning application to develop the site into a 68 storey residential mixed use building for 68 floors (plus mechanical penthouse) and will include 39,810m2 of residential area (85 bachelor units, 300 one-bedrooms, 123 two-bedrooms, and 57 three-bedrooms) and 3,465m2 of retail space. There will be 181 parking spaces provided below grade for residential use.
Rezoning13 248425 STE 27 OZ
Oct 9, 2013

Huh -- from the latest GYRA update:

80 BLOOR WEST – Krugarand Corp. condo with retail/commercial redevelopment proposal
(next to and east of Harry Rosen)

Mediation took place during the last week of February. There were some very positive steps
taken to work on an entire block re-development (Bloor, Bellair, Cumberland, Bay) as opposed
to just one overly tall building. The next meeting of the stakeholders will probably be
sometime in June.

Mediation produced some progress. The City and property owners are now looking at the
possibility of creating a develeopment plan for the entire block including extending the park
area. Next meeting is in June but discussions between stakeholders will continue until then.

so they wont be building a 224m building here?

We'll have to wait 'til we see the details of the settlement (or whatever the ultimate outcome of the LPAT process is here). The wishes and desires of GYRA aren't much more than just that (except for the reality that a good portion of the people it represents are monied and have greater access to political power).

If I were a betting man, I'd say the settlement will procure a tower of a height that GYRA would still find objectionable, but reaching a settlement there doesn't preclude a larger block plan moving forward (and such a plan could conceivably be part of a settlement offer).

Last edited:
Shame, I liked this one. Is that precious Jesse Ketchup Park the culprit?
Ugh? hard to believe that at 225 meters and that far away it would have any major shadowing issues,
i'd hate to predict what to expect from the proposed Cumberland Terrace proposal?

so they wont be building a 224m building here?
Shame, I liked this one. Is that precious Jesse Ketchup Park the culprit?
Ugh? hard to believe that at 225 meters and that far away it would have any major shadowing issues,
i'd hate to predict what to expect from the proposed Cumberland Terrace proposal?
How could shadowing be an issue considering that Four Seasons and 33 Yorkville are much closer to the park and almost as tall?
Then what's the delay? This was proposed many years ago.

Post for postings post..

Hmm?...It's back with not much new information

80 BLOOR ST W
Ward 11 - Tor & E.York District
80 BLOOR ST W​
82 BLOOR ST W​
Proposed Use ---​
# of Storeys ---​
# of Units ---​
Type​
Number​
Date Submitted​
Status​
Applications:
OPA​
19 244311 STE 11 OZ​
Nov 1, 2019​
Application Received​
Rezoning​
13 248425 STE 27 OZ​
Oct 9, 2013​
OMB Appeal​

Hmm?...It's back with not much new information

80 BLOOR ST W
Ward 11 - Tor & E.York District
80 BLOOR ST W​
82 BLOOR ST W​
Proposed Use ---​
# of Storeys ---​
# of Units ---​
Type​
Number​
Date Submitted​
Status​
Applications:
OPA​
19 244311 STE 11 OZ​
Nov 1, 2019​
Application Received​
Rezoning​
13 248425 STE 27 OZ​
Oct 9, 2013​
OMB Appeal​

Whoa, well it seems it now includes the Harry Rosen building?

Back