Toronto 80 Bloor Street West | 263.4m | 78s | Krugarand | Arcadis

Yes I was there and spoke in favour of the project. The attendees were mostly in their 60s and 70s and ‘fearful of the noise and congestion which would destroy Yorkville.’ Even though this tower is essentially Bay & Bloor. I had the sense the planners felt personally disrespected by the height, sigh...

I really like the previous render for this site. Hard to judge too much based just on the drawings, but ultimately this is probably a step in the right direction when it comes to getting this, and 1200 bay built!

With less than 12M distance from the PL at 1200 Bay, I doubt it is a "step in the right direction"..
unless the two developers join forces and coordinate their respective applications..

Because 80 Bloor is farther ahead in the process, it's 1200 Bay that has to play ball with them - hence the suggestion of a combined application in their PJR. Krugarand is under no obligation to work with them - they've already secured their 11.5m east property setback.

The overall massing is a step in the right direction. I do like the idea of the public square on Bloor Street. It will end up feeling like a very grand space, considering how high the podium massing above is.
The image below is a model of the redeveloped block.
More posted here: https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/infographics-toronto-skyline.27943/page-5#post-1563986

49994933993_1e89f9db22_k.jpg

More rectangle boxes in the sky ! I was really looking forward to the last rendering to be developed ! Just to Please another development !

Request for Direction Report to the next TEYCC mtg on July 16.

Seeks approval of Council to oppose at LPAT

From said report are staff's objections:

This report recommends that Council direct the City Solicitor, together with appropriate City staff, to oppose the current proposal at the LPAT. The proposal does not provide any office replacement, does not provide an acceptable parkland dedication, does not transition in height and does not have an acceptable built form. The proposal does not conform to the Growth Plan (2019), is not consistent with the Provincial Policy Statement (2020), does not conform with the Official Plan, The Downtown Plan (OPA 406), SASP 211, OPA 231, and OPA 352, and does not adequately address the City's Tall Building Design Guidelines, or the intent of those guidelines.

Back