Toronto 80 Bloor Street West | 263.4m | 78s | Krugarand | Arcadis

The new cheapened design is so unworthy of this location that I hope this project bites the dust or gets sold to another developer.

I have lived half my life in other counties and visited over 50 countries. I know what makes good cities and architecture. And by the way, you are being Curt.

Wow so you mean you've traveled AND lived in multiple countries!!!???? You should be editing Architectural Record or heading up the design review panel!

My experience of Hudson Yards is of an extruded, generic office park - a capitalist mausoleum almost entirely cut off from (and unrelated to) the rest of Manhattan....

But to encounter a person who's been to 50 WHOLE countries (gasp!)... I don't know how I could possibly trust my own opinions about anything ever again.

Wow so you mean you've traveled AND lived in multiple countries!!!???? You should be editing Architectural Record or heading up the design review panel!

My experience of Hudson Yards is of an extruded, generic office park - a capitalist mausoleum almost entirely cut off from (and unrelated to) the rest of Manhattan....

But to encounter a person who's been to 50 WHOLE countries (gasp!)... I don't know how I could possibly trust my own opinions about anything ever again.
Thanks for the compliments but it take it easy.

I don't want to wake up pregnant.

...I feel a few of comments around here are impregnated, intentionally or otherwise.

Oh right...pics of the latest design or it didn't happen! >.<
I will confess that my comments are often "impregnated", as you say. If things can be left implicit rather than explicit, only a few will read the entire message, so to speak! :cool:

I will confess that my comments are often "impregnated", as you say. If things can be left implicit rather than explicit, only a few will read the entire message, so to speak! :cool:
Not you though...or most others here. But those rare individuals who like to bloat up their posts turgidly and/or cryptically because they know what they're trolling if stated at face value wouldn't fly and/or ends up in moderation. You never strike me as that type though, for what that is worth. :)

Not you though...or most others here. But those rare individuals who like to bloat up their posts turgidly and/or cryptically because they know what they're trolling if stated at face value wouldn't fly and/or ends up in moderation. You never strike me as that type though, for what that is worth. :)
Thanks, when I get "like that" is usually because those "rare individuals" have irritated me to the point that I must reply. I have a sharp tongue, but I use it sparingly. Something I had to learn the hard way!

New arch plans have been published, dated May 17, 2021. Still no renders, but curved facade elements from the previous design seem to be making a return here.

Source: http://app.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do?folderRsn=A/2udheczwkJDwMWYYQ2xQ==

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 12.38.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 12.38.59 PM.png

I was scared the design would just become super boring but this has promise! I think I still like the original design better but that might change with new renders. I also hope they stick with the bold colours!

What are those weird undulating lines wrapping around portions of the proposed building about?

Back