Toronto 80 Bloor Street West | 263.4m | 78s | Krugarand | Arcadis

So as part of this deal, the city is effectively directing $49 million to tear down that building to create the park extension facing Bay Street?

Yes.

* So far as I understand, the appellant made this offer to obtain a settlement at (then) LPAT. Though the City subsequently made (demanded) some tweaks.

The money is, in the largest measure, a buyout of the ground lease of Transmetro, of City-owned property that sits atop Bay Street Station.

More detail can be found here:

And here:

People here talk about how the original proposal was never going to be built, meanwhile, 45 Broad Street in New York is similar, but being built

61137_500x650.jpg

What was it about the earlier design that made it unlikely to be built?
That's a great point. I have a unit here, can I sell it to you?

45 Broad Street is not being built. it is on hold from like 3 years and there were rumors that there is a new design, under 300m but no progress on that.. :)

Not only that, it turns out the design was drastically changed. 😳

OVERALL_CROPPED.jpg

Does anyone have a final GFA on this one? (Copy of by-law etc.?)

I know the density is around 43x, which is impressive, but not as impressive (and unrealistic?) as the 60x being sought at 17-19 Bloor or what was sought for 1200 Bay.)

I have 1,258,463 sq ft as the final GFA, but would love a copy of the by-law if it has been created.

Back