Toronto 80 Atlantic Avenue | 28.04m | 5s | Hullmark | BDP Quadrangle

Automation Gallery

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Cool:cool:, must be phase-2

60 ATLANTIC AVE
Ward 14 - Tor & E.York District

Site Plan approval to conslruct a new 5 storey heavy timber office/relail building (Cross Laminaled Timber and Glulam syslem) of approximately 85,100 s.f. of Gross Floor Area (defined under 438-86) (7906m2). The building will contain 78 parking stalls in 2 levels of parking and the parking required is attributed to the new building. No parking will be assigned to the existing building.
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Site Plan Approval 15 209692 STE 14 SA Aug 19, 2015 Under Review

What bothers me most about Liberty Village is this area already had character and interesting, historic buildings. It started off with so much potential. If they would have consistently kept the industrial, brick aesthetic with a public realm of courtyards, animated alleys, great public squares and retail lining Liberty Avenue, instead of strip malls, parking lots and ugly townhouses/condos, Liberty Village could have been an amazing place. I hate to see a place that originally had such great potential, turned into just another uninspiring condo mess. It's frustrating because it so easily could have been something special and so much better than what we have now.

Oh well, I guess you can't cry over spilled milk but when I walk through the neighbourhood, that becomes very hard to do.

I get the same feeling. Twenty years ago it was run-down, sketchy sometimes - but infinitely cool, with a wealth of old industrial stock awaiting some urban rejuvenation and TLC. So much of it seems to have been arrogantly erased in a rush to build a host of forgettable buildings. We definitely lost an opportunity there. It could have been a real showcase of urban renewal.

Back