Toronto 8 Wellesley | Residences at Yonge | 182.15m | 55s | CentreCourt | Arcadis

Only see the link right. You know how few months ago u could see the entire insta or twitter post on here so u didnt have to click on the link.

Today.
0F609FF2-91A8-49F7-9582-F8A5F8DA82B8.jpeg
90E60DF8-F895-4E4C-B932-5E1976CB9FE2.jpeg
0225A88C-A05C-4822-B2C0-E69E9FDAB154.jpeg

Condo lobbies are sooo tacky in general to me and their glossy ostentatious luxury is not comforting and homey at all. I don't understand why people would want that as the entrance to their home. It would constantly make me feel uncomfortable and out of place. But to each their own!

All that said I actually really love the massing of this building. The angles are super nice!

Condo lobbies are sooo tacky in general to me and their glossy ostentatious luxury is not comforting and homey at all. I don't understand why people would want that as the entrance to their home. It would constantly make me feel uncomfortable and out of place. But to each their own!

All that said I actually really love the massing of this building. The angles are super nice!
Couldnt agree more, most condo lobbys these days are just sterile, dry and just have no warmth to them whatsoever. Compare that with many apartment buildings built in the 80's and 90's which are actually designed coherently on the main level.

So far this building looks rather awkward to me. Seems like two different projects glued together.

Hope it turns out well. Yonge is getting quite a collection of questionable condos.

UT article with an additional close up rendering image, which may give a glimpse towards the how the glazing application will be handled on that section of the tower:

8well.jpg

Back