Toronto 8 Wellesley | Residences at Yonge | 182.15m | 55s | CentreCourt | Arcadis

This thing is going to turn out like Yonge & Rich condos...but even worse. I dont know what this design is trying to accomplish but whatever it is, it's not working.

For some reason, it reminds me of a deconstructed version of 11 King West.

A zoom-in:

Toronto Model 08-23-20 10 Wellesley W.png

A little late - but here's a height and massing comparison of this latest design revision to nearby developments:

50265573816_a2190e7230_k.jpg
@steveve, no-one does this better, your model is amazing, but I gotta ask, does it take into account the topography as well? Is the rising ground as Yonge moves north reflected in the relative height of the building peaks?

@steveve, no-one does this better, your model is amazing, but I gotta ask, does it take into account the topography as well? Is the rising ground as Yonge moves north reflected in the relative height of the building peaks?

Thanks! No, it doesn’t take into account the changes in ground elevation.
Also, the perspective I frequent for these types of graphics is a parallel projection, that skews depth in order to give a true 1:1 comparison between neighbouring buildings. It’s less true to life in that regard, but allows for intriguing visuals and angles that would be otherwise impossible.

I like it! Angular or unconventional massing goes a long way. Could this be a spandrel monstrosity? Sure, but there's plenty of those around that are also square boxes. This will break things up and could be interesting from different perspectives.

Now that the new rendering looks better this development deserves to go up another ten storeys or more. As you can see in the photo just up above it looks a little short and too bulky.

Back