Toronto 8 Elm | 218.2m | 69s | Reserve Properties | Arcadis

There are buildings far taller than this going up in New York with near identical footprints. If the design could more closely resemble something like 111 West 57th then there is an opportunity to create something that's actually impressive without as many issues as one would think.

That's not true at all. The super tall pencils in New York are achieved through heritage density transfers and also tend to built over larger podiums. They average 100 suites too. You can probably expect over 600 here and that's a fairly conservative estimate.

It's possible the plan is to transfer untapped densities from St George's Hall and The Arts & Letters Club but, overall, I hate to see this magnificent collection of Richardson Romanesque/Renaissance Revival heritage buildings overshadowed by a mass market condo.

8 ELM ST
Ward 27 - Tor & E.York District

Rezoning Application for proposed mixed-use building containing 938 residential units and office space on the second and third floors
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Rezoning 16 189782 STE 27 OZ Jul 13, 2016 Under Review

Isn't this mostly a massing exercise this early in the process? There's definitely some divergence in the city in terms of how baked designs are when they're released at this stage, but I'd take the existing images with a grain of salt.

Ignoring my own comment, the images we do have possess a Theatre Park-esque vibe, to me. Or maybe even a squeezed Casa II? If the current images are at all indicative of actual design, aA actually wouldn't surprise me.

8 Elm.JPG

Site Plan & Statistics.JPG

South Elevation.JPG

Elevation.JPG

Attachments

• 8 Elm.JPG
    8 Elm.JPG
    449 KB · Views: 2,505
  • Site Plan & Statistics.JPG
    Site Plan & Statistics.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 1,371
  • South Elevation.JPG