Toronto 8 Elm | 218.2m | 69s | Reserve Properties | Arcadis

Some people can't take a joke! ?
I find the "comedy" a bit weird in my 2 years or so of quietly lurking here...not to say that mine is any better though. I still enjoy your building update diagrams Mr. Contra, for what that's worth. :)

Hmm, interesting...so this redevelopment opportunity remains on the For Sale market since approximately March 2020 until now. Makes ya think if Pemberton were ever serious about building out this lot or just in it for the zone 'n flip.

Source: Novae Res Urbis Toronto - Sept 18, 2020

1600707934771.png

As per this post from @Davidackerman

Citing in said post The QTM Investment Report 2020

8 Elm is part of a land assembly by Pemberton that also includes 354A and 356 Yonge

I have taken an image from TOMaps to reflect the area of the parcels:

1614275094053.png

Below, from Streetview is the Yonge Street frontage of 354A and 356 (McDs)
1614275223912.png

Yet it's worth noting that unchecked growth without matching infrastructure to support it (like, ferinstance, mass transit) is also unsustainable.

Yes, but if we stick with that plan, they shouldn't build another building downtown since T.O. is absolutely unable to build transit.

I think negative views like that don't help matters. They're building transit, albeit in a manner that's dog-slow and weighted down by crippling bureaucracy and political interference.

I think negative views like that don't help matters. They're building transit, albeit in a manner that's dog-slow and weighted down by crippling bureaucracy and political interference.
There's reason to be negative though. Sure toronto isnt Atlanta but I've been to many cities around the world and Toronto has possibly the worst transit infrastructure of any city I've seen. Certainly of this size and global stature.

I mean it wasn't even that long ago that we didnt have the subway extending north to Vaughan.

This city should have 2 to 3 the amount of subway rails it does right now at least. A much wider ranging lrt system (that is improving) better bus service.

That's not to mention the need to interconnect cities in the region. No HSR, no quick direct connections from places like KW area, even Mississauga you pretty much have to take a crummy bus route from MCC to union station. It's almost appalling how bad it is.

With that said, yes they are improving it, but I'd much prefer them focusing on intercity transit options than the presumable billions they're spending on the nightmare that is widening the 401 from Homer Watson to Hurontairo.

There's reason to be negative though. Sure toronto isnt Atlanta but I've been to many cities around the world and Toronto has possibly the worst transit infrastructure of any city I've seen. Certainly of this size and global stature.

I mean it wasn't even that long ago that we didnt have the subway extending north to Vaughan.

This city should have 2 to 3 the amount of subway rails it does right now at least. A much wider ranging lrt system (that is improving) better bus service.

That's not to mention the need to interconnect cities in the region. No HSR, no quick direct connections from places like KW area, even Mississauga you pretty much have to take a crummy bus route from MCC to union station. It's almost appalling how bad it is.

With that said, yes they are improving it, but I'd much prefer them focusing on intercity transit options than the presumable billions they're spending on the nightmare that is widening the 401 from Homer Watson to Hurontairo.
The topic of this thread is 8 Elm—at the corner of Elm and Yonge streets—and not the entirety of mass transportation in the Golden Horseshoe. Any further posts on that topic in this thread will be deleted and people will go on holiday.

Back