Toronto 765 Steeles Avenue West | 91.77m | 27s | Starlight | IBI Group

Marcanadian

Member Bio
Reaction score
765 STEELES AVE W
Ward 18 - North York District

4t4t42wq3.JPG

To construct a 10 storey apartment building (Building "B") along the north portion of the lands with a gross floor area of approximately 11,164 sqm consisting of 129 residential units and an 8 storey apartment building (Building "C") along the south portion of the lands with a gross floor area of 6,982 sqm of which 650 sqm will be 5 ground level townhomes units for a total of 80 residential units. A total of 178 parking spaces will be provided for Building B & C.

Site Plan Approval​
19 149040 NNY 18 SA​
May 3, 2019​
Application Received​
Rezoning​
19 149036 NNY 18 OZ​
May 3, 2019​
Under Review​

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...icationsList.do?action=init&folderRsn=4565009

IBI Group:

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 12.52.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 12.52.22 PM.png

Last edited:
Well it's about time they came to their senses, looks like a big improvement to me. Especially since there wont be parking lots fronting Steeles, which was ill-advised to begin with.

They should have kept the midrise and towns on the south side.

Why?

Leaving parking/blank space fronting Steeles (the major road) seemed rather undesirable.

I prefer the new concept.

One could quibble about the appearance/scale/massing, but the idea itself as to how the site might be intensified seems better to me.

They should have kept the midrise and towns on the south side.
It turns out that mid-rise and towns were never there: two posts from the proposal to the east that were. mistakenly posted to this thread have now been moved to the correct thread.

This one did have one mid-rise on the south side, see up top of the page!

It turns out that mid-rise and towns were never there: two posts from the proposal to the east that were. mistakenly posted to this thread have now been moved to the correct thread.

This one did have one mid-rise on the south side, see up top of the page!

TY for that clarification!

Why?

Leaving parking/blank space fronting Steeles (the major road) seemed rather undesirable.

I prefer the new concept.

One could quibble about the appearance/scale/massing, but the idea itself as to how the site might be intensified seems better to me.
I mean in addition to the high-rise fronting Steeles. Site should be densified on both ends.

The new rendering is updated in the database. The new project information is also updated. The overall building storey count changed from 11 & 9 to 27 storeys. The total unit count changed from 129 & 80 units to 296 units. Finally, the total parking space count changed from 320 parking to 297 parking.

Rendering is taken from the architectural plan via rezoning submission:

PLN - Architectural Plans - JUL 7  2022-3.jpg

While I might have my issues with the design (no ground commercial other then a daycare?), I am a fan of eliminating the huge set-back of the existing building.

Back