75 on The Esplanade | 99.97m | 29s | Harhay | a—A

Newintown

Member Bio
Reaction score
Sud Forno or Forno Cultura would be perfect down there.
I agree. But the best bread I had outside Europe was at Premiere Moisson. Unfortunately they only operate in Quebec. I heard they were purchased by Metro and so hopefully they bring them here.

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I agree. But the best bread I had outside Europe was at Premiere Moisson. Unfortunately they only operate in Quebec. I heard they were purchased by Metro and so hopefully they bring them here.

The par-baked (and finished in store) version of some of their bread is available at Metro now.

I haven't heard anything about them having a stand-alone business here as yet.

evandyk

Member Bio
Reaction score
I actually had a Premiere Moisson baguette from Metro this week. Some sort of sprouted seed organic one. It was quite tasty, though I wouldn't put it in any "best of" categories.

Newintown

Member Bio
Reaction score
I actually had a Premiere Moisson baguette from Metro this week. Some sort of sprouted seed organic one. It was quite tasty, though I wouldn't put it in any "best of" categories.
What you find in Metro is not the same as what they have in their bakeries…try visiting them if you are ever in Montreal…you will know what I am talking about🙂

evandyk

Member Bio
Reaction score
I've had their bread in Montreal, and it's quite good. I'm not *that* picky about bread - I have a standard for grocery store bread, which PM easily meets, and I have a standard for bakery bread, which PM, SF and FC all meet. Luckily I live close enough to Spaccio/SF and Metro that I have no problem getting bread that meets my standards. When I need grocery store bread I go to Metro (or even Rabba, which has Ace baguettes and ciabattas), and when I need delicious bread I go to Spaccio.

mburrrrr

Member Bio
Reaction score
Monday no sun
73A650CF-6EE7-42CA-B3D5-88AC51605FBE.jpeg

Tuesday night sun
DB2895DB-8D8B-4709-BD0A-33A76755D39C.jpeg

97D49BA8-3088-4A51-87E8-D8C1E8259193.jpeg

poop

Member Bio
Reaction score
ehh theyre a pretty big chain in quebec. there are many better independent bread makers in quebec and in toronto

Rufus8

Member Bio
Reaction score
The street balance is better than most high rise builds of late. Looking forward to new neighbours and getting our sidewalk back.

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
The street balance is better than most high rise builds of late. Looking forward to new neighbours and getting our sidewalk back.
Actually, the Esplanade sidewalk at 75 was VERY narrow as the parking lot extended to within about 18 inches of the street. The new one will be MUCH improved.

Newintown

Member Bio
Reaction score
Actually, the Esplanade sidewalk at 75 was VERY narrow as the parking lot extended to within about 18 inches of the street. The new one will be MUCH improved.
Are there supposed to be trees on the sidewalk? The last time I passed by there did not seem to be any plans for trees judging by how the poured the concrete….but I hope I am wrong

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Are there supposed to be trees on the sidewalk? The last time I passed by there did not seem to be any plans for trees judging by how the poured the concrete….but I hope I am wrong
I think there cannot be any trees on The Esplanade side due to underground infrastructure. There were (and I assume will be) trees on the Church St side.