Toronto 75 on The Esplanade | 99.97m | 29s | Harhay | a—A

July 20, 2018

Is this the last piece of the St. Lawrence neighbourhood puzzle or is it the future park where the temporary North Market tent is right now?

• This is the ex-parking lot at SW corner of Church and The Esplanade. It is site of new condo (75 The Esplanade).
  • The site of the white tent temporary market will become a park - extension of David Crombie Park.
  • The small parking lot on north side of The Esplanade just east of Farquhars lane still remains but there is a n application in for an outdoor café on most of it - associated with C'est What? They wanted to start operating this summer but I think it will not happen until next, neighbour complaints about potential noise etc. I doubt this lot is really large enough for a building but who knows.

I'm so pleased that the hideous carpark and apartment block will be hidden. I hope with some interesting retail perhaps?

Novotel roof is being cleaned up for the pictures.

84749E33-06D9-4195-9275-228A708CD36C.jpeg

Attachments

• 84749E33-06D9-4195-9275-228A708CD36C.jpeg
    84749E33-06D9-4195-9275-228A708CD36C.jpeg
    710.4 KB · Views: 1,230
I'm so pleased that the hideous carpark and apartment block will be hidden. I hope with some interesting retail perhaps?
you are aware that the apartment block you are referring to houses poor people, who have no other housing options and will now have a stonking great luxury condo tower to look at instead of natural light?

you are aware that the apartment block you are referring to houses poor people, who have no other housing options and will now have a stonking great luxury condo tower to look at instead of natural light?
I wouldn't classify this project as luxury, and if anything it will improve the community with an enhanced street level presence, over a dirty surface parking lot. Something that would benefit both owners and renters at all income levels.

Light is not a right.

Housing in the downtown core is a privilege.
Light is not a right?? As if rights are the ONLY things that should be protected? What a load of crap, garbage platitude. I suppose we should cut all funding to the ttc because public transport is not a RIGHT.

Low hanging fruit @Filip.

Back