Toronto 740 York Mills | 11.7m | 3s | Minto Group | Rafael + Bigauskas

artyboy123

Member Bio
Reaction score
Taken from the development application:

"Materials submitted in support of Site Plan Approval to permit the addition of 192 new apartment units in a stacked townhouse form that are 3 and 4 storeys in height within 7 building blocks. The proposed new gross floor area for the site would be 19568 m2. The three existing 18 storey rental apartment buildings with 409 rental units would be maintained. The overall total gross floor area of the existing and proposed development would be 64341 m2 resulting in a density of 2.2 FSI with a total of 601 dwelling units. A total of 688 parking spaces would serve the entire site with access provided from York Mills Road and Farmstead Road."

DevApp: http://app.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do?folderRsn=D/LVadhO1mVkiA4hF3jLFw==

Some pictures:

Capture.PNG

Capture.JPG

The site today, from the satellite view:

1614224924791.png

The townhomes would be located in 2 blocks, as per the plans posted above, one in the north-west of the site, and one in the north-east.

Both abut Farmstead Road, with the north-west then along side a existing City Park; and the north east along Leslie.

Here we go at street level:

1614225180513.png

The above is the Leslie + Farmstead (north-east) side of the site.

Ooodles of room here, I agree with @Undead, a tower would have seemed an obvious choice.

The north west, is of similar size and could also work for a tower.

1614225301555.png

Both sides have more than 45M free and clear of the parking entrance/exits.

With those included, both exceed 60M in width.

Both sites have around 60M depth to the buildings to the south, and 70M plus to the towers.

I'm thinking the above plans still leave lots to be possibly redeveloped in the future with the two southern towers. Not sure how feasible that would be, but just an idea.

I'm thinking the above plans still leave lots to be possibly redeveloped in the future with the two southern towers. Not sure how feasible that would be, but just an idea.
I hope so especially the current buildings on this specific site is not at the highest and best use! Well...everything will depend on the municipality's development application.

Back