Toronto 733 Mt Pleasant | 93.25m | 27s | Rockport Group | Wallman Architects

matloww.JPG

Too bad Matlow and Robinson loose all credibility when they deal with pretty much all applications w the same ton, outrange, and disgust.
Really hard to take them seriously they actually want to go to battle against an application.

Too bad Matlow and Robinson loose all credibility when they deal with pretty much all applications w the same ton, outrange, and disgust.
Really hard to take them seriously they actually want to go to battle against an application.

Why is Matlow opposed?

Matlow is a grandstander to be sure.

This development, height aside, is very problematic at street level; for that reason alone I'd prefer to see it sent back to the drawing board.

I also confess to thinking the height a bit excessive for the Mt. Pleasant strip which I see as more suited to 8-10 storey midrise, myself.

Though, the height is not the dealbreaker here.

I should also add, while Matlow can certainly make a mountain out of a molehill; he does have a couple of other proposals that are pretty suspect.

Millwood at Yonge/Davisville is less than stellar, and its 8-storey streetwall looks overbearing and out of place along Yonge.

Always a challenge when you have the combo of someone who always cries wolf..............but actually does encounter a few.........just not as many as he'd have you believe.

While I'm not personally opposed to that sort of density near transit... I have to admit I have some sympathy for Matlow's argument. His ward has taken a lot of development pressure while other wards have single family homes sitting on an acre of property that are completely off limits to even a triplex. When people's children are being bussed an hour away for school his office is going to be hearing about it daily. Having been to meetings with him, I understand why he feels the need to object profusely to some of this stuff.

This one is before Council next week with a prospective settlement offer:

Report here: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2021.CC37.3

From the above:

View attachment 360539

View attachment 360540

Revised Render (apparently Mt. Pleasant is getting giant blank wall well beyond this site!) LOL

View attachment 360541
North view

View attachment 360543

View attachment 360544

View attachment 360545

View attachment 360546
So is the idea That Toronto planning staff likes this revived plan and next week we get to see if the Councillor decides to support it, or go to the OMB and fight?

No new renderings are updated in the database. The project information also has some updates. The total unit count decreased from 262 units to 250 units. Total building heights changed from 81.00m to 80.85m. Finally, the total parking spaces decreased from 131 parking to 92 parking.

No new rendering but the latest updates from the minor variance application. The unit count increased from 250 units to 325 units. Finally, the total height changed from 80.85m to 93.25m.

No new rendering but the latest updates from the minor variance application. The unit count increased from 250 units to 325 units. Finally, the total height changed from 80.85m to 93.25m.
Are they doing this out of spite? 😅

The increase in unit count is good though, although they'll be on the smaller end it's better density for the location IMO.

good spot for more homes.

Not in this form.

LOL

This is an ugly beast, which really detracts from the streetscape here.

If a tower works here, it's only with greater setbacks and a podium that fits the area. (I want brick!)

* note, not my hood, I'm just being protective of a strip where I've enjoyed walking, and I think this makes that strip one block shorter)

Not in this form.

LOL

This is an ugly beast, which really detracts from the streetscape here.

If a tower works here, it's only with greater setbacks and a podium that fits the area. (I want brick!)

* note, not my hood, I'm just being protective of a strip where I've enjoyed walking, and I think this makes that strip one block shorter)
Agree w all comments.…but still a great spot for homes. That’s about the only thing going for this project.

Back