Toronto 733 Mt Pleasant | 93.25m | 27s | Rockport Group | Wallman Architects

WislaHD

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I learned recently that the site of the funeral home at 733 Mt. Pleasant Rd just south of Eglinton was sold approximately 8 months ago. The person who told me seemed to think this is a potential development site as the lot is an L-shaped lot that goes behind the lots of two adjacent buildings.

Here is 733 Mt. Pleasant Rd. I can definitely see why a developer would be looking at this site and the adjacent ReMax and Ecocleaners lots.

Potential midrise on the way?

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...4483353&isCofASearch=false&isTlabSearch=false

Zoning By-Law and Official Plan ammendment application for a 9-storey residential condominium building, with a height of 27.5 metres to the top of the eight storey, 30.3 metres to the rooftop amenity floor and 33.3 metres to the top of the mechanical penthouse floor. The building will contain 58 residential units and a total of 7,145.7 square metres of gross floor area. The proposal also includes limited retail uses at grade, comprising a gross floor area of 196 square metres.

Developer is Rockport Group, architect is Wallman Architects:
1542669264011.png

Attachments

• 1542669166703.png
    1542669166703.png
    245 bytes · Views: 484
Really unfortunate this will result in the parking driveway fronting on Mount Pleasant. The two buildings with similar parking driveways on the west side of the street are not good for pedestrians.

I like it.

It's modestly sized and not unlike other residences on Mt. Pleasant.

What is everyone beefing about? It looks like almost every other low rise going up in Toronto? Is there not a movement to 'densify' the Avenues in this town?

What is everyone beefing about? It looks like almost every other low rise going up in Toronto? Is there not a movement to 'densify' the Avenues in this town?

By all means, densify here. I have no trouble with the density. It's the dog's breakfast of a design that I dislike.

I disagree that this looks like other midrise across the city. I think, on the whole, midrise developments have had some decent designs & the average is certainly better than this.

Back