AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score

matloww.JPG

Tim1234

Member Bio
Reaction score
Too bad Matlow and Robinson loose all credibility when they deal with pretty much all applications w the same ton, outrange, and disgust.
Really hard to take them seriously they actually want to go to battle against an application.

Towered

Member Bio
Reaction score
Too bad Matlow and Robinson loose all credibility when they deal with pretty much all applications w the same ton, outrange, and disgust.
Really hard to take them seriously they actually want to go to battle against an application.

Why is Matlow opposed?

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score

Matlow is a grandstander to be sure.

This development, height aside, is very problematic at street level; for that reason alone I'd prefer to see it sent back to the drawing board.

I also confess to thinking the height a bit excessive for the Mt. Pleasant strip which I see as more suited to 8-10 storey midrise, myself.

Though, the height is not the dealbreaker here.

I should also add, while Matlow can certainly make a mountain out of a molehill; he does have a couple of other proposals that are pretty suspect.

Millwood at Yonge/Davisville is less than stellar, and its 8-storey streetwall looks overbearing and out of place along Yonge.

Always a challenge when you have the combo of someone who always cries wolf..............but actually does encounter a few.........just not as many as he'd have you believe.

Ward8

Member Bio
Reaction score
While I'm not personally opposed to that sort of density near transit... I have to admit I have some sympathy for Matlow's argument. His ward has taken a lot of development pressure while other wards have single family homes sitting on an acre of property that are completely off limits to even a triplex. When people's children are being bussed an hour away for school his office is going to be hearing about it daily. Having been to meetings with him, I understand why he feels the need to object profusely to some of this stuff.

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score

Tim1234

Member Bio
Reaction score
This one is before Council next week with a prospective settlement offer:

Report here: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2021.CC37.3

From the above:

View attachment 360539

View attachment 360540

Revised Render (apparently Mt. Pleasant is getting giant blank wall well beyond this site!) LOL

View attachment 360541
North view

View attachment 360543

View attachment 360544

View attachment 360545

View attachment 360546
So is the idea That Toronto planning staff likes this revived plan and next week we get to see if the Councillor decides to support it, or go to the OMB and fight?