Pickering 720 Granite Court | 42.65m | 12s | Metrics | Onespace

Paclo

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
720 Granite Court: a proposed 12-storey condo building designed by Onespace Unlimited for Metrics Communities (operating as "1334281 Ontario Limited" and "Domenic Grossi") on the northwest corner of Whites Road and Granite Court, east of the Metrolinx Rail Corridor in Pickering's West Shore neighbourhood.

Renderings from the architectural package:
Architectural-Drawings---720-Granite-Court-0.jpg
Architectural-Drawings---720-Granite-Court-06 - Copy (2).jpg
Architectural-Drawings---720-Granite-Court-06 - Copy (3).jpg
Architectural-Drawings---720-Granite-Court-06 - Copy.jpg
Architectural-Drawings---720-Granite-Court-06.jpg

For context, Maurice Brenner is Ward 1 councillor and Deputy Mayor of Pickering
IMG_4191.jpeg
IMG_4192.jpeg

This site could easily handle this building, even if it's not currently zoned for it. Brenner's (feigned?) ALL CAPS outrage is an eyeball-rolling cringefest of unearned hyperbole. Yawn.

A grocery store was once proposed here and same thing, the councilor went nuts. It seems he only wants it to be overgrown grass forever…
At one time there was even a GO station proposed in this area but ridership would’ve been far too low to justify it.

I reside on Atwood Crescent and recently received a notice through the mail. I'm quite supportive of the idea to construct a condominium on the empty lot nearby. That space has remained an unused field for quite some time. My plan is to downsize in a couple of years, and staying close to my children is important to me. I'm hopeful that the City will approve this construction project, as I believe it would be beneficial for our community. - John

This site could easily handle this building, even if it's not currently zoned for it. Brenner's (feigned?) ALL CAPS outrage is an eyeball-rolling cringefest of unearned hyperbole. Yawn.

It's a pretty common reaction from a council member. With the ongoing housing shortage and an influx of over a million immigrants annually, the concern about finding suitable accommodations for all these families is very real. It's becoming increasingly important to observe Pickering's continued growth as we navigate these challenges.

Back