Vaughan 72 Steeles Avenue West | 199.7m | 60s | Humbold | Kirkor

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Large scale project being planned for the section of the NW corner of Steeles & Yonge. Looks like it wraps around the Gupta project (7028 Yonge St) that is situated at the intersection.

Project engagement website:

humbold.JPG
humbold2.JPG
humbold3.JPG

This cluster is going to be massive once we let high density develop without the transit to support it

Between these and the neighbouring proposals......some insane density for an area that doesn't yet have subway service.

Does make me wonder about the Centerpoint lands which got approval for what was then seen as large density,..........many, many years ago........

Yet nothing has moved forward.

I can see Steeles and Yonge becoming a more powerful intersection than Shepherd or Finch Ave with these super skyscrapers that will be created in the future. Steeles Ave is wide enough to handle LRT or BRT system. That can travel as far as Milton to the west and Oshawa to the east via Taunton Rd. Another future express route you can take as the GTA grows on the north east to the north west of the city. Seeing that the 401 and 407 will get incredibly busy in the future.

I can see Steeles and Yonge becoming a more powerful intersection than Shepherd or Finch Ave with these super skyscrapers that will be created in the future. Steeles Ave is wide enough to handle LRT or BRT system. That can travel as far as Milton to the west and Oshawa to the east via Taunton Rd. Another future express route you can take as the GTA grows on the north east to the north west of the city. Seeing that the 401 and 407 will get incredibly busy in the future.

Unfortunately, you might ask where is the office space?

Unfortunately, you might ask where is the office space?
I don't know! Maybe across the street when they develope the mall. But the BRT proposed on Steeles Ave must be a reason why they're building huge skyscrapers at this intersection. Which is a street that is capable of becoming a major arterial road like Yonge or Hurontario st. Serving east, west route instead of north south. You have to think of moving people around the GTA not just Toronto. This is one street that's already set up to do that just by looking at it on Google Earth.

Back