Vaughan 7028 Yonge | 218.75m | 65s | Gupta | Arcadis

This is on the NW corner Vaughan side. It won’t displace those ugly buildings on the east side of Yonge. Maybe when the subway starts construction developers will be interested in buying up those lands and intensifying.

One Bloor East X 2

One Bloor East, minus the biggest subway station in the country underneath it...

This is on the NW corner Vaughan side. It won’t displace those ugly buildings on the east side of Yonge. Maybe when the subway starts construction developers will be interested in buying up those lands and intensifying.

Interestingly, a couple of the longstanding businesses in the plaza on the southeast corner have closed/moved in the last couple of months. I don't know that anything is happening any time soon (and I doubt this Vaughan project gets approved as it is without a much firmer timeline on the subway) but I'm sure the landowners are well ahead of you in terms of what's been bought up, what they have their eyes on etc., all the way up to Highway 7 and beyond.

The subway "has funding" now, so things should start to move along.

:) Indeed, the current government doesn't seem to have its own ideas about the routing, like it does with certain other lines. I don't believe anything in this region when it comes to transit until the shovels are in the ground. And even then...

Still, I find it hard to imagine the City being willing to approve this level of density without an operational subway. Maybe they approve one tower and hold off on the other two or something but this level of density is remarkable, even for a "gateway" corner above a completed subway.

As for the architecture... they look right down the middle of the road of the way most condo towers are looking these days. Not particularly impressed, not particularly offended.

this site on vaughan? not toronto? what I thought since I been there and looking around in 360 degree then I was like "this project really build on vaughan property, not toronto property?" but I hope project will success because I want to see new subway station on yonge-steele soon than later

7028 Yonge seems to be undergoing redesign???

Perhaps this is why 7028 Yonge is being revised?

Yonge Subway North Extension original 2008 plan for Steeles Subway Station included the Mother of All Underground Bus Terminals under Steeles Ave - that included 36 bus bays!!!,... significantly larger than the rest of the subway station including the area for subway platform.
SteelesSubwayStation.PNG

"The original plan had a huge underground bus loop running along Steeles Avenue (think Lawrence Station on steroids). This has been shifted to the surface at substantial cost saving, and will probably be incorporated in a planned development."
Source: "Stations and Demand" of https://stevemunro.ca/2021/03/20/metrolinx-trims-yonge-north-subway/#more-34155

Currently this northwest corner is only corner of Yonge & Steeles with redevelopment proposal,... seems likely to now include a ground level bus terminal built into development - similar to York Mills Station TTC/GO bus terminal in office building at northeast corner of Yonge and YorkMills/Wilson.

Brief mention in this article:

Easton’s Group has applied to develop three residential towers at 7028 Yonge St., at Steeles Avenue in Thornhill, which would include 1,902 residential units, a 200-room hotel and retail space in a seven-storey podium.

A hearing is scheduled for May and Gupta is hoping to get closer to full approval to start construction this year.

As per the above post from @Art Tsai there are new docs from July '23 on this one:

These are SPA docs - of note, there was an OLT hearing scheduled for the ZBA stuff and OPA stuff on August 21; @innsertnamehere can track down the result of that for us.

1698151477876.png

1698151509320.png

From the Cover Letter:

1698151690342.png

Appears to be 17 residential elevators, 1,866 units gives a ratio of: .91 elevators per 100 units

Parking: 863 spaces (total) 476 resident Parking Ratio (resident only) 0.26

Of note there is a direct connection to the subway at the corner of Yonge/Steeles proposed here.

No decisions posted on the August 21st hearing yet. It was the Phase 3 hearing for the Yonge-Steeles Secondary Plan appeals however, so once the appeals are finalized approvals will be granted to the whole whack of approvals along the north side of Steeles here in Vaughan.

A CMC was held in March, when they deferred the Phase 3 hearing to August to allow for additional settlement discussions, so I imagine that the August 21st hearing was turned into a settlement hearing to resolve the appeals, and that the above plans are the final ones settled on for approval.

Prior to the four-day Phase 3 Hearing for the YSCSP, scheduled for March 28, 2023, the Tribunal had granted the Parties’ request for rescheduling the hearing to allow further settlement discussions to occur. The Phase 3 Hearing is now scheduled as noted below (August 21st, 2023).

On another note - 0.26 spaces per unit is the lowest parking ratio I have seen outside of Toronto so far. I believe it sets the record for York Region, beating out the 0.3 parking ratio which the first two Transit City towers used.

Back