Toronto 6979 Yonge | 162.75m | 50s | Longevity Properties Ltd | BDP Quadrangle

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
New to the AIC is this application for a 50s tower located on the east side of Yonge, just south of Steeles Ave E.

The addresses in question are 6979-6991 Yonge St.

1663742011924.png

Site as it is, per Streetview:

1663742105314.png

* Docs Follow *

1663742705551.png

1663742252638.png

1663742884440.png

1663742996616.png

Yonge and Steeles is currently suburban blight at its worst. Going to be interesting to see it become something tall and urban in the next decade.

Yonge and Steeles is currently suburban blight at its worst. Going to be interesting to see it become something tall and urban in the next decade.
I don’t know if I’d go that far. I certainly expected that when I first started working in the area, but honestly it’s very busy and bustling with a lot of pedestrians and walk-up foot traffic. It actually strikes me as a suburban node that has attracted urban volumes due to its central location and proximity to NYCC. It’s quite an ideal location for intensification, but will need some serious transit investment as it is currently always a standstill around rush hour. It’s quintessentially Toronto.

Edit: a better way to put it is that the various ethnic enclaves in the area have certainly reclaimed what *was* simply suburban blight.

I don’t know if I’d go that far. I certainly expected that when I first started working in the area, but honestly it’s very busy and bustling with a lot of pedestrians and walk-up foot traffic. It actually strikes me as a suburban node that has attracted urban volumes due to its central location and proximity to NYCC. It’s quite an ideal location for intensification, but will need some serious transit investment as it is currently always a standstill around rush hour. It’s quintessentially Toronto.

Edit: a better way to put it is that the various ethnic enclaves in the area have certainly reclaimed what *was* simply suburban blight.

The form is still 'suburban blight'; even though the retail mix and vitality have exceeded same.

The intersection has a lot people wandering around because it's an important transfer point between the TTC and York Region buses. Will be something entirely different once the subway is built along with all the planned buildings.

Reading this correctly? Only 34 car parking and 10 bicycle parking spaces? Yes, this will be near a subway station but one would think there should be room for at least 1 bike per unit.

Both correctly and incorrectly it seems. 34 car parking including zero resident. But there will be 391 parking spaces, though disappointingly still less than 1 bike per unit.

1667336900785.png

Back