Toronto King-Bathurst Transit Oriented Community: South Site | 88.9m | 25s | Infrastructure ON | SvN

The city has rental replacement policies that require all rental units to be replaced if there are more than 6 present on the site. So Allied would be stuck with 7 rental replacement units that they don't want.

45ucGOc.jpg

t9gm5Ka.jpg

Much improved but it the top looks awfully busy. If they scaled-up the facade design so that it's in two-storey modules it would make for a more elegant design.
The retail facade looks much more pleasing however those deep recesses along Bathurst looks dark and oppressive, and will be a place for the local vagrants to hang out or take refuge. Hope those retail storefront windows are not tinted — retail needs to have enough visibility which would activate the street.

Sorry to potentially burst bubbles, but those renderings are dated October 2018. The most recent planning approval and much uglier renderings are dated November 2018. I think the gold/bronze ain't happening.

Theoretically, since it's all inset, they could still do something like the above within the approved zoning box. Wishful thinking, I know.

There's not much you don't like.

what is your definition of "much" , 10? 50? 100 buildings? cause there is alot i dont like. i like this one cause it's way better than the last render and it's not the same blue/green crap. atleast it will stand out a little.

what is your definition of "much" , 10? 50? 100 buildings? cause there is alot i dont like. i like this one cause it's way better than the last render and it's not the same blue/green crap. atleast it will stand out a little.
It isn't a new rendering, as stated above.

It looks like the Banknote Building may be around for a while yet.

In order to meet current fire code stipulations for emergency exit requirements a new emergency exit structure - an enclosed stairwell - is being added on the east side of the building, coming down onto the laneway beside the 58 Portland frontage. The wood sections on the driveway, in front of the Ontario Line ground sampling drill rig, cover the new foundations for the emergency exit stairwell structure. The only portion on the laneway itself that pertains to the core drilling is the orange pipe sticking up right in front of the rig (plus the blue fluid barrels). The rest is for the stairwell structure.

20201111_130955.jpg

Back