Toronto

663 King West | 63m | 19s | TC | Diamond Schmitt

TheKingEast

Member Bio
Reaction score
Wait, you guys don't want to see block upon block of glass boxes? You want character? Go to Distillery District. :D

Can't think of a city this eager to replace whatever character it has left for cheap, investor driven, crap.

wolfewood

Member Bio
Reaction score
I can't tell from the rendering but is anything more than a small part of the face of the current building (the part directly on King) saved? I'm sure the facade on Bathurst could be nice with modern brick but ehhhh.

am29

Member Bio
Reaction score
I dont think they saved the face at all, but just recreated it. Design is above average but the building needs to be better preserved.

jje1000

Member Bio
Reaction score
Would prefer more of the original to remain.

Don't have a tremendous amount of faith in Diamond Schmitt's residential projects, especially seeing how University Place and The High Park turned out.

LUVIT!

Member Bio
Reaction score
I agree with jje100 that more of the original should remain. I do like the upper section though. The upper part looks as though it could be on Miami beach.

devjohnson

Member Bio
Reaction score
King West being stripped of its character.

Even something as 'warehousey' as The Hoxton really gives this neighborhood its vibe.

maestro

Member Bio
Reaction score
Just awful from the rebuilt or incorporated facade to the bland "big box" base to the oppressively massed tower with a kitschy deconstructionism theme. We haven't seen a hatchet job like this in a long time.

milanista

Member Bio
Reaction score
Surprised to see all the positive comments. Are we looking at the same renderings? Because to me it looks like its already undergone the inevitable cheapening that most buildings undergo further along in the process, meaning that it is likely to get even worse. Very few, if any redeeming qualities in this heap if you ask me. I pray this does not get built.