Niagara Falls 6609 Stanley Avenue | 254m | 72s | Hariri Pontarini

raptor

Member Bio
Reaction score
New proposal for 6609 Stanley Ave, the site of a former attempt at building a hotel.

72-storey hotel, residential development in Niagara Falls would be among tallest buildings in Canada

Niagara Falls Notice of Public Hearing

Looks like a Shanghai WFC rip. Have to say though - NF is the epitome of taking a natural wonder and wrecking it through architectural garishness - if not outright trash.

AoD
I would be extremely surprised if this is built. It seems like every 4-5 years someone comes through and proposes some outlandish development there with some crazy amount of height, and it slowly fades into oblivion.

Despite this one clearly going for as much height as possible, almost none of those hotel rooms are going to have falls view rooms. The Embassy Suites essentially blocks all the would-be views.

This is far classier than anything else at NF right now though.

I think it's definitely going to have some trouble getting off the ground intially, but I remain optimistic about it. I feel like having residential units mixed in with the hotel will help prop this building up a little bit more easily.

There's been a decent amount of activity in terms of new proposals at the Falls over the last year, it'll be interesting to see what pops up first.

I think it's definitely going to have some trouble getting off the ground intially, but I remain optimistic about it. I feel like having residential units mixed in with the hotel will help prop this building up a little bit more easily.

There's been a decent amount of activity in terms of new proposals at the Falls over the last year, it'll be interesting to see what pops up first.
Residential? Why would people want to live here?

Aaaaaaand that's the new reality we're living in, folks. Airbnb everywhere, all the time.

I think it looks terribly goofy. Hoping it just goes away.

Residential? Why would people want to live here?

Why wouldn't people want to live here? Niagara Falls is soon going to get increased GO services, which will make Toronto commuting more viable for this area. While the residential portions of this tower will probably partially end up as AirBNB, it's not out of the question that people could live here and commute.

People do work in Niagara Falls, also it might appeal to some big shot americans who want a place on the other side of the border, even if just to host parties etc ??‍♂️

Why wouldn't people want to live here? Niagara Falls is soon going to get increased GO services, which will make Toronto commuting more viable for this area. While the residential portions of this tower will probably partially end up as AirBNB, it's not out of the question that people could live here and commute.
Specifically, who wants to pay the high price for a small unit in a tall tower when they can get a lowrise detached home with land and much more parking that is 4x the size for the same price.

Back