Toronto 66 Isabella | 73.15m | 23s | BDP Quadrangle

No, there is no rendering yet!

When you see the new baloney railings on this building, it will be the same as the new tower. I don't expect to see much different between the existing building vs. the new one from what I have heard so far, but will wait and see.

No, there is no rendering yet!

Which is strange considering it does include condo units. Although only 12 in the whole structure apparently. Which leads me to doubt there ever was or will be, at least not the likes of which we're use to pouring over on this forum. No need to waste money on such flashy (mis)representations when the majority is rental. Build the thing and sell the 12 measly units when potential purchasers can walk through them, charging a much higher price than what one could get with pre-con pricing.

Never understood the addition of condo units. Don't understand why anyone would want to buy there given the adjacent apartment building is nothing specatacular (I lived there at one point - it was fine but dated). I'm not even sure that these condo units would make a good investment. The whole project just seems weird to me.

66m2.jpg

Never understood the addition of condo units. Don't understand why anyone would want to buy there given the adjacent apartment building is nothing specatacular (I lived there at one point - it was fine but dated). I'm not even sure that these condo units would make a good investment. The whole project just seems weird to me.

It is indeed the oddest of projects in so many respects. The condo units will be brand new construction, presumably covered under Tarion and with all the latest condo do-dads but without any amenities offered with most new projects. Access to the condo units, floorplans and pricing will be interesting.
They have west facing 2-bedrooms here at 66 Isabella that I looked at before I chose to live where I am now. They were good size apartments as I recall with large balconies but the one I looked at had older cupboards, no A/C or dishwasher so it was a no-go for me.

Why would they be bricking up the east side, aren't the two buildings supposed to be connected?

Maybe it's temporary? To allow people to continue living in their units while construction occurs? I wouldn't imagine that the concrete block would be hard to remove.

I thought all the people who lived in the apartments facing the construction had to move. And aren't their building codes saying you have to windows? Anyways, I couldn't imagine having to live through that kind of construction.

I thought all the people who lived in the apartments facing the construction had to move. And aren't their building codes saying you have to windows? Anyways, I couldn't imagine having to live through that kind of construction.

The apartments attached to the east facing balconies all had to be relocated by the developer, and have first option of getting their apartment back at the same rent when complete - with moving costs covered. I went through the Staff Report earlier trying to find out if there were hallways connecting the two buildings or not (couldn't figure it out) and it did state that 50 suites are affected during this addition, so I figured on a 26 storey building that 50 suite number is about right.

I actually rent an apartment directly adjacent to the units being demolished. Believe me, this is not fun. :(

Can you shed any light as to any improvements to the existing tower, if any?

Back