Toronto 645 Yonge | 280m | 76s | KingSett Capital | AS + GG

The amenities at the top here are going to be unbelievable…

645YongeAmenSkyGdn1280.jpg

…so I hope that one day, I'll be able to believe this!

View attachment 433897

Iff built like that - which I doubt for a residential project. Plus it's Kingsett - which is more interested in increasing the value of the property than actually building it.

AoD

Iff built like that - which I doubt for a residential project. Plus it's Kingsett - which is more interested in increasing the value of the property than actually building it.

AoD
You don't hire AS+GG if you're just doing an up-zoning exercise… not everything that KingSett owns gets flipped after up-zoning. (They built the 99 Gerrard W extension to 700 Bay on their own, but this is them aspiring far beyond what 99 Gerrard is). As they've hired AS+GG here, maybe we'll hear about a JV on this one? Or maybe they'll go on their own again…

…but in any case, I am registering some scepticism whether we'll ever see something like this is the end, while still voting for it (should they ask for my vote)!

Let's just see if the software will do this full height, or if it squishes it (for those who like tall and skinny and pixel-for-pixel from the original):

645YongeAerSE1280D.jpg

This is really such an impressive looking tower and will add beautifully to the height canyon forming along this stretch of Yonge Street. One can only hope it actually gets built something like that... 😏

View attachment 433897

So Mr. 42, if this becomes a reality somehow, how would they do the environmental/maintenance stuff that is normally reserved for the rooftops? I mean, that garden restaurant is fantastic and all, but where would the building's practicals go instead?

So Mr. 42, if this becomes a reality somehow, how would they do the environmental/maintenance stuff that is normally reserved for the rooftops? I mean, that garden restaurant is fantastic and all, but where would the building's practicals go instead?
The inevitable L-Tower-style crane for window washing would ruin this rendering.

The HVAC cooling is proposed to be done at the top of what @UrbanFervour, above, is calling the bayonet section.

Guess I'm a contrarian here but I am not a fan of the massing of this thing, particularly at the top; just seems like two distinctly different shapes awkwardly glommed together for the sake of avoiding yet another tall box - like a somewhat different take on how Aura handled the problem (badly!). Still, that rendering of the view from the top is certainly captivating.

Guess I'm a contrarian here but I am not a fan of the massing of this thing, particularly at the top; just seems like two distinctly different shapes awkwardly glommed together for the sake of avoiding yet another tall box - like a somewhat different take on how Aura handled the problem (badly!). Still, that rendering of the view from the top is certainly captivating.
Yea I'm with you here. The top floor rendering looks stunning but I honestly don't find anything special about this. Sure it's a little different but it still feels pretty uninspired to me in general. I guess I'm just tired of nothing but glass buildings regardless of the shape.

The east volume has a soaring, angled 'bayonet' (or very thick spire for hidden mech) at the top, and the west volume has angled floor-plates, a dozen floors tapering/curving (on all 3 sides) at the top... and a cathedral atrium amenity.
Not screamin' box to me.

Back