Toronto 64 Prince Arthur | 46.1m | 13s | Forgestone | RAW Design

So it should stay in absolute stasis, available only to an ever-smaller pool of residents who can afford prices there? The West Village is one of the most expensive neighbhourhoods in the most expensive cities in the world; is that really something to emulate?

The Annex has evolved to include apartments and other multi-residential building forms in the past, why not now?
Would've been more convincing with caps lock.

So it should stay in absolute stasis

Not at all. It should stay a LOW TO MID RISE neighborhood and the City, in exchange for the change in zoning, should require a portion of those new units be dedicated to lower than average income earners.

The West Village is one of the most expensive neighbhourhoods in the most expensive city in North America; is that really something to emulate?

Yes, that is something to emulate. Absolutely.

It seems you purely want a low/mid-rise built form (which is fine). Do the heritage listings and designations of the older manor houses matter to you? I'm just trying to suss out your angle.

Because if you allow for rezonings with affordable components (again, fine), you'd still lose the houses and tree canopy which make the current Annex special. If you're going to allow some minimal growth here but restrict it to a low-rise built form, what's the point in doing it at all?

Not at all. It should stay a LOW TO MID RISE neighborhood and the City, in exchange for the change in zoning, should require a portion of those new units be dedicated to lower than average income earners.

Yes, that is something to emulate. Absolutely.
Chill on the caps lock.

Nimbys bring out your pitchforks and torches.
w0gpl.jpg

wa6mxj.png

10d7f9h.jpg

It seems you purely want a low/mid-rise built form (which is fine). Do the heritage listings and designations of the older manor houses matter to you? I'm just trying to suss out your angle.

Because if you allow for rezonings with affordable components (again, fine), you'd still lose the houses and tree canopy which make the current Annex special. If you're going to allow some minimal growth here but restrict it to a low-rise built form, what's the point in doing it at all?

I like heritage on a case by case basis, not simply by age of structure.

In areas like the Annex, Beaches, Rosedale, QWW I love the idea of mid rise with a real connection to the street.

Save the towers for the avenues and the apartment neighbourhoods where tall buildings are appropriate.

Last edited:
I like heritage on a case by case basis, not simply by age of structure.

In areas like the Annex, Beaches, Rosedale, QWW I love the idea of mid rise with a real connection to the street.

Save the towers for the avenues and the apartment neighbourhoods.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this site is located within an apartment neighbourhood. Good news is nobody needs to argue anymore. Sounds like everyone is now on the same page.

https://www.toronto.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/978e-cp-official-plan-Map-17_LandUse_AODA.pdf

Last edited:

Back