Toronto 64 Prince Arthur | 46.1m | 13s | Forgestone | RAW Design

"personal" opinions abound.. :))
I didn't care much for the first one.. this one is just bland..ish?
I can live with the swap and don't feel hurt..

I like a residential building that reads as institutional so I stan. Is this still CentraRuddy? I liked the original but I can’t help but feel like it wouldn’t have ended up getting built anywhere near what the render depicted.

All opinions are by definition personal.

Curious though. Why didn't you care for the first iteration?
ha! some opinions here are presented as 'expert' views, so I just wanted to point out the obvious.. and you're right! all are actually personal.
why I didn't care about the first? Without boring anyone with the laundry list, I say that mostly because it looked like a creation of a v.game artist, rather than the architectural vision..
in my personal opinion..
:))

I bet the old design couldn’t fit into the desired proforma spreadsheets.

Likely the architect refused/ was unable to cut down any further, and the developer found another willing to provide a more ‘rationalized’ design.

ha! some opinions here are presented as 'expert' views, so I just wanted to point out the obvious.. and you're right! all are actually personal.
why I didn't care about the first? Without boring anyone with the laundry list, I say that mostly because it looked like a creation of a v.game artist, rather than the architectural vision..
in my personal opinion..
:))
Yeah, I know what you mean about so-called experts, but that's part of what makes this board interesting. So you think the original design would perhaps be more fitting in a place like Dubai? I found it pretty sleek and refreshingly out of the box myself. The new one is very clean, even elegant in some respects, but it's definitely not meant to rock anyone's boat.

I bet the old design couldn’t fit into the desired proforma spreadsheets.

Likely the architect refused/ was unable to cut down any further, and the developer found another willing to provide a more ‘rationalized’ design.

Bloor Street from Spadina to Sherbourne should be clustered with 30 storey high towers for a grand avenue feel.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Why do I still look at renderings? I know they're just there to entice/most of the time a lie but I still fall prey to them from time to time. Maybe car companies should try this. Show people a Porsche but give them a Chevy once they've bought in.

Bummer for sure but this looks like it came down to economics. More conventional floorplates on this new design. I haven't looked into statistics, but it also appears this now packs in more units.

If they weren't going to be allowed to go 29 storeys tall, they had to find a less expensive way of getting their money back out of the property here. This much more conventional building will do that for them.

Back