Toronto 64 Prince Arthur | 46.1m | 13s | Forgestone | RAW Design

Glad to learn that both Joe Cressy and Henry Eaton are simply expressing the views of the "whole community".

Unfortunately, this also means that I'll need to check myself into my local citizen re-education camp.

Which, coincidentally enough, is located in the brutalist concrete high-rise directly across the street from this proposal.

I guess some are just being more representative for a whole community.

AoD

Glad to learn that both Joe Cressy and Henry Eaton are simply expressing the views of the "whole community".

Unfortunately, this also means that I'll need to check myself into my local citizen re-education camp.

Which, coincidentally enough, is located in the brutalist concrete high-rise directly across the street from this proposal.

I just have to LOL when I read comments like this. Do you people actually think a developer can get anywhere in this city without the support of the local councillor or the planning department or the community?

Good luck with that.

My comment was aimed to local politicians and NIMBY activists like Henry Eaton who purport to represent the singular views of the "community" when there is an obvious diversity of opinion in the Annex on issues like density, new housing and this project.

Incidentally Henry Eaton also purports to represent those who will be subject to the soon-to-be emanating fumes from the condo (seriously). Which is a fair point, but while we're on the subject of making things up, whose going to represent the views of those whose patios are going to be completly plastered in bat shit? Clearly the developer didn't consult the community on that.

Here is 64 Price Arthur in context, with other nearby buildings and proposals:

oj2205f.png

My recent favourite Annex NIMBY admission came in the last 300 Bloor West consultation, when a cranky old NIMBY proclaimed the Annex should be held to a 3- or 4-storey height limit and then proceeded to reveal that she lives on the 8th floor of an Annex apartment building.

Honestly, some people's kids.

I don't understand the mentality of people who live in fairly dense parts of our cities and cling to some outdated notion of rural or suburban form that ceased to exist decades ago anyway. Go friggin live in Beaverton, ya nonce!
This may be a horrible thing to say, but I dare say I won't shed a tear when the climate change-denying generation finally dies off.
Anyone who thinks it was perfectly fine to pave over top-notch farmland to cover it with single family homes and then has a fit when we try to make the space a little more efficient is a self-centred fool whose opinion isn't worth hearing, let alone listening to.

Especially when they're a hypocrite as in your example.

Pfuit!

This property is not at the main intersection of the entire city and directly above 2 subway lines and surrounded by tall buildings. Your comparison is foolhearty.

It's literally 2 minutes walk from 2 different subway lines

Jh4pDiv.jpg

Rt36pjN.jpg

This site was also deliberately (it seems) left out of the Mixed Use area 4 of the TOCore Plan (see map on p68 of PDF.)

https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2017/pg/bgrd/backgroundfile-106336.pdf

8.28. Mixed Use Areas 4 contains a mix of uses with a prevailing character of house form and other types of low-rise buildings.
8.29. Development in Mixed Use Areas 4 will:
8.29.1. contain residential, small-scale office, institutional, service, and retail uses that serve the needs of the local community; and
8.29.2. be of a low-rise scale respecting and reinforcing the existing physical character of the neighbourhood, including the prevailing heights, massing, scale, density and building type.

Back