Toronto South Forest Hill Residences | 68.4m | 19s | Parallax | Arcadis

ferusian

Member Bio
Reaction score
From the Casa Loma Residents Association - "Proposed high-rise development on Montclair Ave"

Fifteen single and semi-detached homes on the south side of Montclair (63-91) were bought by a developer, Parallax Development Corporation for between 2 to 4 million dollars each. The residents will live rent-free for two years. The sale is scheduled to go through on June 4, 2020. The developer is also seeking to purchase Bantry Avenue (the laneway between Montclair and Heath) from the City. The City planners reported that the developer is proposing to build two towers of 23 and 21 storeys respectively with a five storey podium and a setback. The development will also include some townhouses. The developer is represented by Bousfields Inc., a company that does “planning, design and engagement”. Bousfields has had 2 meetings with the City’s Planning Department and has met with our Councillor, Josh Matlow.

Site context:

1591428462629.png

Site currently:

1591429112976.png

1591429147996.png

1591429171181.png

Good to see that density node around St. Clair West station continue to expand. This is an interesting assembly by Parallax, especially as those mid-block townhouses/semis look relatively newer (around 15-20 years?). Altogether that must have costed a pretty penny too.

Be shocked if they get above 12 here (maybe 15?.... buildings immediately to the south on heath are 12-15. buildings immediately to the north are 7-9. A developer could barely get 6 stories on Spadina, which is a commercial street.

Looking at the properties again there does appear to be quite a wide floor plate to work with as they've pretty much acquired all the remaining houses on the south side of that block. They should easily be able to have 2 towers rising from a connecting podium, and perhaps some landscaped POPS.

Docs are up:

1593712214792.png

1593712257626.png

Looks like The Heathview buildings around the corner... Not terrible but as ProjectEnd mentioned, these bois are thicc

This Public Meeting will be a thing of beauty. It doesn't feel as aggressive as I thought it would. With all the greenery around here at street-level I think this can fit in OK.

Another day, another NIMBY article by the Star:

If anyone questions whether NIMBYism is driven by generational privilege and entitlements, here is how the article concludes:

"This is really a senior's community".

Huh?

Handsome proposal. The street level is nice and looks like it will blend in well with its surroundings.

This one is near my old block where I grew up. The area is really increasing in density rapidly.

Back