Toronto 6 Howard Park | 39.4m | 11s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

So...everyone's favourite home for reportage has a piece up on this........

Amazingly we actually learn a thing or two....

1) We learn that Brad did not tell the existing tenant "Master Mechanic" anything about his plans for the site, and they needed to learn that from others.

I am increasingly of the opinion that Brad must have a sincere desire to be hated.........because he doesn't seem to let an opportunity for bad optics pass him by.

2) The current tenant has a lease until 2024 which they seem intent on seeing through. So development here is likely not before 2025'ish.

Last edited:
2) The current tenant has a lease until 2024 which they seem intent on seeing through. So development here is likely not before 2025'ish.

3 years to do all the engineering, permits, sales, and tender for construction isn't unusual.

3 years to do all the engineering, permits, sales, and tender for construction isn't unusual.

I wasn't implying that it was..........merely mentioning the lease date from the article.

Exterior architecture looks great. Nice to see. Lots of work required on the interior layouts and programming. Gonna have to trade total GFA to get better salable units.

I'll also point out that the 3B unit is 1007 square feet, which is just LOL.
Too small? My wife and I live in a well laid out, 730sf, two bedroom and certainly don't want for space. I can easily see another bedroom in there if we had an extra 277sf. The bowling alleys here are hilarious garbage though.

Too small? My wife and I live in a well laid out, 730sf, two bedroom and certainly don't want for space. I can easily see another bedroom in there if we had an extra 277sf. The bowling alleys here are hilarious garbage though.

Now imagine it being one bedroom for you both, and the other two for roommates or children. You would find yourself very suddenly "wanting for space". 3-bedrooms should be useable for a wide array of family units, individuals, couples, etc.

Last edited:
That your experience of the unit may be that it's plenty space and that's valid, but for how many people use a 3-bedroom unit or for how we want to encourage these different types of dwellers to be in our city (people with children, people sharing the space with elderly parents, and different types of family units beyond this), it's really not plenty of space, it's quite tight.

Fair enough. If we do decide to have children, we won't be moving right away and I haven't lived with roommates since undergrad but plenty of friends have done the co-living thing in spots not much larger than that and it generally works out. How much larger were you thinking of?

I have a nominal 3brdm, 1,100ft2.

I find that comfortable.........for one of me.

LOL

But, to be fair, that 3rd bedroom is my home office and I routinely WFH, including pre-pandemic.

So that's a bit different from people who spend 1/2 their day outside the home.

Also, I like to entertain (pre-pandemic); and have a lot of camping gear, and tools that I store; and the hall broom closet is a jury-rigged pantry.

I'll also point out that the 3B unit is 1007 square feet, which is just LOL.
1,000 sq.ft. is perfectly fine for a 3 bedroom. You don't need more than 1,000-1,200 for a 3 bed. The layout usually sabotages the large area. For example, I have a 1,050 sq.ft. 2 bedroom and it feels cramped because of the crap layout. It could easily have been a decent 3 bed. One of my friends has a 1,400 sq.ft. (!) 2 bed and there's a lot of wasted space even though it could have been a very comfortable 3 bed/2 bath, or even a den/third bathroom.

Last edited:
1,000 sq.ft. is perfectly fine for a 3 bedroom. You don't need more than 1,000-1,200 for a 3 bed. The layout usually sabotages the large area. For example, I have a 1,050 sq.ft. 2 bedroom and it feels cramped because of the crap layout. It could easily have been a decent 3 bed. One of my friends has a 1,400 sq.ft. (!) 2 bed and there's a lot of wasted space even though it could have been a very comfortable 3 bed/2 bath, or even a den/third bathroom.

Exactly; give me a well laid out 900 sf 3B over a poorly laid out 1,500 sf 3B any day (same holds true regardless of bedroom count). Wide shallow, primary light source in every bedroom, no unusable corridors, I'll take it.

Back